Fingerprinting question.

I

illumination

Thread author
I was playing recently with Cyberghost's "anti-fingerprinting"..

What i came cross was interesting, wondering if anyone can shed some light.
I was using firefox with "ixquick" set as my home page and search engine. Upon engaging the anti-fingerprinting system and opening firefox, i was met on my ixquick homepage with almost blank page that read "sorry, we do not allow features as such, as you could be bot or spam"

I could not use the anit-fingerprinting system on any of "ixquicks" services.
Now if they truly do not store IP's, cookies ect, why were they stopping this feature again? Believe it or not, the anti-fingerprinting system worked fine of google search, bing, yahoo.. ect

I was already cautious with a site that would not fully reveal itself, to stumble upon this.. any feed back is welcome!

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
Well honestly with new version 5 i am also feeling some strange thing.
whatismyipaddress.com showing me ,you are using "confirmed proxy server" while i test it on IE as i am not using IE for my regular use ,with old version i don't know which was , i downloaded the last year ,that never fails.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.