Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
The Web is all about innovation, and Firefox sets the pace with dozens of new features to deliver a faster, more secure and customisable Web browsing experience for all.

User Experience. The enhancements to Firefox provide the best possible browsing experience on the Web. The new Firefox smart location bar, affectionately known as the "Awesome Bar," learns as people use it, adapting to user preferences and offering better fitting matches over time.

Performance. Firefox is built on top of the powerful new Gecko platform, resulting in a safer, easier to use and more personal product.

Security. Firefox raises the bar for security. The new malware and phishing protection helps protect from viruses, worms, trojans and spyware to keep people safe on the Web.

Customisation. Everyone uses the Web differently, and Firefox lets users customise their browser with more than 5,000 add-ons.

2184__Firefox6_1.png

Download.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Here is an accurate changelog :

Mozilla said:
NEW- The forward button is now hidden until you navigate back
NEW -Most add-ons are now compatible with new versions of Firefox by default
NEW- Anti-Aliasing for WebGL is now implemented (see bug 615976)
NEW - CSS3 3D-Transforms are now supported (see bug 505115)
HTML5 - New <bdi> element for bi-directional text isolation, along with supporting CSS properties (see bugs 613149 and 662288)
HTML5 - Full Screen APIs allow you to build a web application that runs full screen (see the feature page)
DEVELOPER -We've added IndexedDB APIs to more closely match the specification
DEVELOPER - Inspect tool with content highlighting, includes new CSS Style Inspector
FIXED - Mac OS X only - after installing the latest Java release from Apple, Firefox may crash when closing a tab with a Java applet installed (700835)
FIXED - Some users may experience a crash when moving bookmarks (681795)

Source : http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/10.0/releasenotes/

Updated via 'About Firefox'!

jota13

Level 2
Verified
Dec 18, 2011
Yesterday I update stable version of Firefox to 10.0. But I prefer Firefox Nightly UX. My default browser is Pale Moon 9.1 and I wait again until she update to newer version.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I'm still looking forward like flashplayer bundle in that browser and own PDF viewer. :) Overall all changelog from Mozilla were thumbs up for me.

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
May 25, 2011
im getting annoyed with the amount of updates mozilla keeps updating ( dont get me wrong its good if it fixes security problems or what not but) its getting like one a week and they've already released a firefox 11 beta already!!

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Nathan Wootton said:
im getting annoyed with the amount of updates mozilla keeps updating ( dont get me wrong its good if it fixes security problems or what not but) its getting like one a week and they've already released a firefox 11 beta already!!

Welcome to the new rapid release schedule! Nice, innit? ;)

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
Nathan Wootton said:

Last update was 6 weeks ago. Each update fixes hundreds of bugs and some security issues.:)

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/10.0/releasenotes/buglist.html
http://www.infosecurity-us.com/view/23623/mozilla-releases-firefox-10-browser-with-nine-security-fixes/

Bo

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
May 25, 2011
bo.elam said:
Nathan Wootton said:

Last update was 6 weeks ago. Each update fixes hundreds of bugs and some security issues.:)

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/10.0/releasenotes/buglist.html
http://www.infosecurity-us.com/view/23623/mozilla-releases-firefox-10-browser-with-nine-security-fixes/

Bo

Still to frequent for me, it has to fix bugs that shouldn't be there in the first place ;) maybe if they wasn't so rushy with it they wouldn't have to fix it ;) i'm yet to see any major updates since 4

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I've updated mine and switched to it because Chrome is not loading MalwareTips correctly and the tabs usually freezes whenever I visit the forums. Firefox 10 is much smoother than previous versions.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
That's how rapid development cycle works so just all need was to bear with them just to maintain the product as efficient and working flawless. For stable is the preferred version for anyone does not want a frequent update since its follow on the cycle every 6 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.