Firefox Degrading

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noxx

Thread author
Chrome is stupidly fast. I don't know what happened to Firefox, because it was my all-time favorite browser in every department, and then it just stopped working well on my computer at some point. Or maybe Chrome is just so fast that now Firefox seems slow.

A

Alkajak

Thread author
Chrome is stupidly fast. I don't know what happened to Firefox, because it was my all-time favorite browser in every department, and then it just stopped working well on my computer at some point. Or maybe Chrome is just so fast that now Firefox seems slow.

I made the switch from Chrome to Firefox ~3 months ago, and Firefox was much faster. Played with both, and then about 1-2 weeks ago, Chrome just.. started killing it. I don't install Mozilla Maintenance, so I know it wasn't an auto-update for Firefox. Chrome has to be the one that improved significantly.

Reactions: Andytay70 and Jrs30
N

Noxx

Thread author
I made the switch from Chrome to Firefox ~3 months ago, and Firefox was much faster. Played with both, and then about 1-2 weeks ago, Chrome just.. started killing it. I don't install Mozilla Maintenance, so I know it wasn't an auto-update for Firefox. Chrome has to be the one that improved significantly.

I almost feel like certain security solutions that it just goes from slow to fast. I guess I'm just missing the times that Firefox is fast.

Reactions: Jrs30 and Alkajak

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The Firefox itself tends to be behind compare to Chrome due to its engine and optimization. But CyberFox, WaterFox and few others are indeed contenders to iprovide fluid performance that can outlast to Chrome.

A

Alkajak

Thread author
The Firefox itself tends to be behind compare to Chrome due to its engine and optimization. But CyberFox, WaterFox and few others are indeed contenders to iprovide fluid performance that can outlast to Chrome.

What @Noxx said about security systems makes the most sense. I've read people swear by Cyberfox, and I've read people say Cyberfox is the "inferior Firefox". Opposite ends of the spectrum. Same with any other browser, I think. You could probably find a good amount of people on the forums right now that will say Firefox is faster than Chrome.

Reactions: Jrs30

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Alkajak: Well likely on some areas, but in my surroundings and environment where Chrome handles the position in any category. Considering its optimization and performance made since Chrome take the lead on market/browser usage.

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
I do not know if the translation was good ... But, for what I understood what @Alkajak said, was that the two browsers running at the same time, Chrome is faster, but when you have just installed Firefox, Firefox is more fast.
I agree with him! (If that's what he said, because the translation may have failed), I feel that Chrome is Firefox slow down and locking! I've had only Firefox and it is very fast! After installing Chrome feel that Firefox was kinda slow and locking times ... I may be wrong!
Both are fast, more for me Firefox takes a certain advantage ... When you only have it on your computer.

Reactions: Alkajak

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I uninstalled Firefox since version 12, because of slow performance and because I didn't like the way firefox was going. For me personally also Firefox 3.6 was the last great super fast firefox version, after that, Firefox became more and more slow, buggy and bundled with useless things like pocket etc. Or at least that's my opinion ;)

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I'm waiting for Mozila to change the engine to Blink or to make a hybrid engine :)

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
I'm waiting for Mozila to change the engine to Blink or to make a hybrid engine :)
Mozilla is preparing a new browser that you want to be very fast, I hope it is very good! :D

I uninstalled Firefox since version 12, because of slow performance and because I didn't like the way firefox was going. For me personally also Firefox 3.6 was the last great super fast firefox version, after that, Firefox became more and more slow, buggy and bundled with useless things like pocket etc. Or at least that's my opinion ;)
I honestly did not like when Mozilla Firefox's interface has changed! It was a bit like Chrome, but with very rough, huge guides and take up much space in my opinion! I agree with you! These functions (Pocket, Firefox Hello) for me is good for nothing! There are people who use but I believe that these functions only behind more problems for Firefox crashes ...
Although it is to remove these functions, but most users do not know. Mozilla should take a simple option for desabilutar these functions and make the lighter Firefox.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Alkajak and frogboy

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well Firefox may change which a good sign on the competition. Actually less users equals less vulnerabilities and which why Chrome known to be targeted nowdays. Actually the interface of Firefox must revise little since going to Private Browsing does not label properly or even notification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.