Advice Request Firefox Developer Edition (formerly Aurora)

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yigido

Thread author
Built for those who build the Web​

The only browser made for developers like you.​

The Firefox Developer Edition is a modified version of Firefox that is specifically designed for web developers. It also uses a separate profile from the regular version so that running them side-by-side is an option. That does mean that all your add-ons and settings will not be available in the Firefox Developer Edition, but you can use Firefox Sync to get your add-ons and settings synchronized on both versions.
All features in the Firefox Developer Edition will be available 12 weeks before they are available in the regular version of Firefox.
You don't have to be developer to use Firefox Developer Edition. If you are seeking for an advanture, if you want to test new features 12 weeks before then regular Firefox users, if you want to help Mozilla about building a better internet. Your feedbacks will be very helpful, Firefox Developer Edition automatically sends feedback to Mozilla. Learn more (You can close this in settings)

User Interface

The interface changes in the Developer Edition already hint at a developer-centric approach.
The toolbar is noticeably narrower than both Chrome and regular Firefox while adding more buttons by default.
toolbar.jpg

• Designed for developers

The only browser made just for developers, Firefox Developer Edition was created with your workflow in mind. Build, test, scale and more all from one place, for the first time ever.
  • Debug any browser

Inspect and debug your app across any browser or device with Valence — a powerful, pre-installed extension that you’ll only find in Firefox Developer Edition.
  • Pixel-perfect coding

Target screen sizes with the Responsive Design View and tweak your CSS on the fly with the built-in Style Editor for pixel-perfect coding.
Mozilla Firefox Developer Edition vs. Google Chrome Developer Tools

Now that Mozilla has released a web developer dedicated browser, there will be some argument on which is the best developer tool to use. Although Chrome DevTools has been on the web since 2009, it serves its purpose well. It’s safe to say that Chrome DevTools is still the best to use and is faster and more stable than Firefox Developer Edition.
In some cases, Mozilla has done a great job building a browser dedicated to the web development community. While a lot of developers might say that it doesn’t have all what they need yet, the advantage is still on Firefox since it is a open-source product. Being an independent proprietary browser, there’s a lot of space for improvement.

All your favorite dev tools and more​

Firefox Developer Edition brings your core dev tools together with some powerful new ones that will extend your ability to work across multiple platforms from one place. It’s everything you’re used to, only better. And only from Firefox.

You can watch hints on Firefox Developer Tools Youtube list: Firefox Developer Tools - YouTube
Download Developer Edition in Your Language

Y

yigido

Thread author
Let's see. it will takes a lot of time for the maturity of process.

Actually Firefox should consider something revamp on the changes to improve the performance on browsing.
True, I am trying to investigate news in Firefox. From this days, I devoted myself to true softwares with good manifestos :D
I want to improve Mozilla and my mind always supports the 2. guy. I cannot stop this

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.