Firefox ESR VS Firefox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sido1545

Thread author
Oct 7, 2015
Hello guys
I want to know what's the difference between an extended support release and a normal release in Firefox browser. I mean is one of them stabler than the other? does one of them crashes more than the other one? do they have the same features? does one of them has less bugs when you compare it to the other one?

Reactions: OutOfBounds
H

hjlbx

Hello guys
I want to know what's the difference between an extended support release and a normal release in Firefox browser. I mean is one of them stabler than the other? does one of them crashes more than the other one? do they have the same features? does one of them has less bugs when you compare it to the other one?

ESR is generally more stable. It is being modified at a slower rate and doesn't incorporate all current features until they have been fully determined not to break anything or cause other compatibility problems...

Reactions: Kent and XhenEd

ng4ever

Level 17
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Does Firefox ESR require addon signing or will it ever ?

If it does require addon signing will there be a way to disable it forever no matter how often it is updated ?

[Word]

Dec 11, 2017
Will Firefox ESR allow me to continue to use what are now considered "legacy" extensions? Will it cease to nag me to upgrade to Firefox 57? Thanks for any clarification.

// Steve in Toronto

Last edited by a moderator:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Hello on the MT board, [Word]

I use Firefox ESR 52.5.2 latest version, no problems ( but without H.264 and MSE&H264 support for now, pity...)

No nags - to update, clickHelp/about Firefox then click on Update button.
Nice UI (no ugly chromefox...), use with "Starry Space Fantasy" theme, and sufficient number of add-ons (AdGuard AdBlocker, Dark Background and Light Text, Disable WebRTC, Font Contrast Fix, Policy Control, Pure URL, QuickJS, Reader, and sometimes Policeman, RequestPolicy Continued...)
- to download add-on, click under Version History on "see all versions" link, then download this version, which works on your Firefox, that's all. Old versions are always present here. Then Automatic Updates make on Off, for each add-on.
So no problem to continue to use ancient versions...

This same nice UI I have on Basilisk (NIGHTLY) I use almost exclusively.
It's with all YouTube HTML5 supports: YouTube - and all the add-ons, which I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.