Firefox extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martiin

Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
I decided to switch to mozilla firefox and im going to stick with it since i liked it way more than chrome, anyway those are my add-ons at the moment:
1. No script
2. ABP (Easylist + Easyprivacy + Fanboy's annoyance)
3. Downthemall
4. Lastpass

I think I need a VPN? or is it not needed?
Thanks!

I

illumination

Are you worried about privacy, or need to access content not available to your country? If your answer is no to these couple questions, then i would say you do not "Need" a VPN. Now if you travel a lot, and visit hotspots to connect while out, then i would suggest looking into one.

Martiin

Thread author
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Are you worried about privacy, or need to access content not available to your country? If your answer is no to these couple questions, then i would say you do not "Need" a VPN. Now if you travel a lot, and visit hotspots to connect while out, then i would suggest looking into one.

Some websites are blocked in my country though, Is there a VPN that has a quick activate/deactivate button incase I run into one of those blocked websites?

I

illumination

Some websites are blocked in my country though, Is there a VPN that has a quick activate/deactivate button incase I run into one of those blocked websites?

From the couple i have used, they seem to take about the same amount of time to enable and disable the connection. Try looking into Cyberghost, there is free and paid. Free does not require registering, and gives you so much time per day before disconnect. They also do not log any activity.

Reactions: Gnosis
I

illumination

Hey Illumination, is there a free version of CyberGhost?

Yes, just download Cyberghost "no account required" and click connect, the free version is limited to like 20 servers and a certain amount of surfing time a day "3 hours i believe", while the paid version is unlimited with like 253 servers.

cdnsempre

Level 1
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
The filepuma of Glary announces that Beta version 27 of Mozilla Firefox are available
Google Translation

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Yes, just download Cyberghost "no account required" and click connect, the free version is limited to like 20 servers and a certain amount of surfing time a day "3 hours i believe", while the paid version is unlimited with like 253 servers.

I'm using cyberghost 5 vpn & u need to create a free account for login to connect vpn. Free version is unlimited but in paid version you will get no waiting times, no notifiers, no disconnections plus option to choose from 250 servers. also u can choose manually IP address or by country.Also paid version speed is good compare to free version.

I

illumination

I'm using cyberghost 5 vpn & u need to create a free account for login to connect vpn. Free version is unlimited but in paid version you will get no waiting times, no notifiers, no disconnections plus option to choose from 250 servers. also u can choose manually IP address or by country.Also paid version speed is good compare to free version.

Unless they have changed it here recently, after the new release of 5, you could download cyberghost, and not create and account or log in, and could just click the big "connect button" and connect just like normal. I would have to look into it again, i have not used the VPN for a bit, but was using it.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Unless they have changed it here recently, after the new release of 5, you could download cyberghost, and not create and account or log in, and could just click the big "connect button" and connect just like normal. I would have to look into it again, i have not used the VPN for a bit, but was using it.

Well i tried it without login & you're right, we don't need to create account .But as i said before i needed a free account to use their vpn, since a couple months ago & i'm not used it since more then 2 months coz it buggy sometimes when i try to connect vpn. Anyways, happy day :)

Last edited:

WalterWolf

Level 3
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
I switched to Mozilla 2 weeks ago.
1.ABP (Easylist + Easyprivacy + MalwareDomains)
2.NoScript
3.RequestPolicy
4.HTTPS Everywhere
5.YouTube Center

Maybe i will add YouTube All HTML5

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.