Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Just auto updated mine

New changes

• Enhanced performance:
    • Faster page rendering with Quantum CSS improvements and the new retained display list feature
    • Faster switching between tabs on Windows and Linux
    • WebExtensions now run in their own process on MacOS
  • Convenient access to more search engines: You can now add search engines to the address bar “Search with” tool from the page action menu when on a webpage that provides an OpenSearch plugin
  • Share links from Firefox for MacOS more easily: You can now share the URL of an active tab from the page actions menu in the address bar
  • Improved security:
    • On-by-default support for the latest draft of the TLS 1.3 specification
    • Access to FTP subresources inside http(s) pages has been blocked
  • A more consistent user experience: Improvements for dark theme support across the entire Firefox user interface
  • More customization for tab management: added support to allow WebExtensions to hide tabs
  • Improved bookmark syncing

Changed

• The settings for customizing your homepage and new tab page in Firefox have been added to a new Preferences section that can be accessed from Firefox at about:references#home. The settings can also be accessed via the gear icon on the New Tab page.

Last edited:

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
i got this error if I wanna visit our forum :cry: i must cancel and try it 4-5 times :mad:
I have already reinstalled firefox and deleted the cache and cookies.
fehler.PNG

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

I've downloaded it and must admit I am really liking it so far! I agree with others have said, atm its performance is beating the current version of chrome (atleast for me). I like the fact that Google and Mozilla are actively pushing one another, in the end we are the ones that benefit :)

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I'm using it now. So far it's got Chrome beat all to hell. I really like the speed.
shouldve beaten chrome ages ago by comparing cpu +ram it eats than chrome does

Dunno if just 1 update in past 12 years could do wonders

edit: just did read their blog, and gonna install firefox and have deep insight maybe as secondary browser instead of edge

Last edited:

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Uhm i used long time google chrome. I cant believe what firefox have done. It feels realy faster than chrome here on my machine. Only thing slower is the start from the browser. Cant believe i would ever say firefox beats chrome in speed for pageload etc. And the dark theme is realy nice+way more costumizable. Seems like i just found a new main browser. :)

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Uhm i used long time google chrome. I cant believe what firefox have done. It feels realy faster than chrome here on my machine. Only thing slower is the start from the browser. Cant believe i would ever say firefox beats chrome in speed for pageload etc. And the dark theme is realy nice+way more costumizable. Seems like i just found a new main browser. :)

You can use Dark Mode extension for more customization of your theme in Chrome/FF

Add-on - Dark Mode (WebExtension)

Last edited:

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Firefox is very stable, as fast as chrome.. but maybe the ram it uses is the reason of stability
Also the default font is more pleasant to read than chrome + privacy over google

But unused ram is wasted ram, right?:unsure:

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Does this version works well with Sandboxie? Previous version was crashing or even if it was loaded there was no sound when playing videos ....

Reactions: silversurfer
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.