HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
New

• Firefox Home (the default New Tab) now allows users to display up to 4 rows of top sites, Pocket stories, and highlights
  • “Reopen in Container” tab menu option appears for users with Containers that lets them choose to reopen a tab in a different container
  • In advance of removing all trust for Symantec-issued certificates in Firefox 63, a preference was added that allows users to distrust certificates issued by Symantec. To use this preference, go to about:config in the address bar and set the preference "security.pki.distrust_ca_policy" to 2.
  • Added FreeBSD support for WebAuthn
  • Improved graphics rendering for Windows users without accelerated hardware using Parallel-Off-Main-Thread Painting
  • Support for CSS Shapes, allowing for richer web page layouts. This goes hand in hand with a brand new Shape Path Editor in the CSS inspector.
  • CSS Variable Fonts (OpenType Font Variations) support, which makes it possible to create beautiful typography with a single font file
  • Updates for enterprise environments:
    • AutoConfig is sandboxed to the documented API by default. You
      can disable the sandbox by setting the preference
      general.config.sandbox_enabled to false. Our long term plan is to
      remove the ability to turn off the sandboxing. If you need to
      continue to use more complex AutoConfig scripts, you will need to use
      Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR).
  • Added Canadian English (en-CA) locale

Changed

• Removed the description field for bookmarks. Users who have stored descriptions using the field may wish to export these descriptions as html or json files, as they will be removed in a future release.
    • Dark theme is automatically enabled in macOS 10.14 dark mode
    • Changed the default setting to Enforce (3) for the security.pki.name_matching_mode preference
    • Adobe Flash applets now run in a more secure mode using process sandboxing on macOS. Learn how this may affect features here.
    • Users disconnecting from Sync are now offered the option to wipe their Firefox profile data (including bookmarks, passwords, history, cookies, and site data) from their desktop computer
    • Changed how WebRTC handles screen sharing: When screen-sharing a window, the window will be brought to front
      Developer
    • Three-pane Inspector in Developer Tools separates the rules into its own panel
    • Changes affecting developers

Firefox 62.0, See All New Features, Updates and Fixes

ng4ever

Level 17
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
I like my Firefox 62!
Firefox 62.jpg

Reactions: Black Wings

HarborFront

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
With me it's the same, I always try to give him a chance, but the result is the same as always, slowness and high CPU usage. Coming back to Opera.

IMO, FF is more suitable for a system with a reasonable fast CPU and at least 8GB of RAM. My MS SP4 tablet runs fine for your info

Anything older or having less memory than mine I'll suggest you run other browsers like my MS SP3 having 8GB RAM running Chrome browser

Reactions: harlan4096

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
IMO, FF is more suitable for a system with a reasonable fast CPU and at least 8GB of RAM. My MS SP4 tablet runs fine for your info

Anything older or having less memory than mine I'll suggest you run other browsers like my MS SP3 having 8GB RAM running Chrome browser
I have 2 fast systems, both 16GB and i7 processors and both systems dont like FF.

Reactions: Mariihh

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
My feeling was the opposite, I moved from chromium to Firefox because of high CPU usage. Firefox is less hungry of resources on my PC (i3 5005 with 12GB of RAM)
I similarly find FF Quantum to be much more responsive with less overhead and faster page loads than Chrome. Just illustrates which is 'best' seems to be very system dependent. Nice that we have alternatives available and can each select our individual preference - "to each their own"! (y)

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
If you dont care memory usage wich is more an visual problem than performance, firefox probably serve you better than chrome

Slimjet is probably most lightest browser out there

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Will this also update on Comodo Icedragon shortly too?

~LDogg

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
If your browser seems heavier on CPU usage, that's sometimes also related to AVs (Web-filter, Real-time protection).

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017

16 GB of RAM, i5 8400 and a GTX 1060 6 GB, and still suffers from slowness. Here on my machine Firefox is a commercial plane, and Opera an F-16.

Reactions: Mariihh
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.