SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Can't get pass CloudFlare DDOS protection: "Checking your browser before accessing xxxx."
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Clean install with Shadow Defender on secondary laptop.
Hey guys. I don't know what is going on but Firefox on my new gaming rig is acting weird. I tried clean install Windows but no work.

Everytime I visit site that has CloudFlare DDOS protection, I can't get pass "Checking your browser before accessing xxxxxx." like animedao.com for instance. It just loop the "Checking your browser before accessing xxxxx" with new id every 5 seconds.

I tried clean install Firefox on my secondary laptop with Shadow Defender on to see if this is Firefox issue, and on my secondary laptop with SD on and clean install Firefox allow me to pass CloudFlare DDOS protection " Checking your browser before accessing xxxxx."

But on my gaming rig, I can't get pass this. Help please.

Chrome and Edge work fine with site that has Cloudflare DDOS protection but Firefox can't get pass "Checking your browser before accessing."

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
What is the beep code is going on?!

On my laptop, FireFox 69.0.1 can pass checking your browser before accessing xxxx site, but on my new gaming rig can't.

Clean install Windows with only motherboard, gpu, and Windows Updates installed. I clean install FireFox with no extensions or any browser settings modified. No 3rd party AV.

Reactions: Cortex and AtlBo
Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Did you by any chance login to Firefox account? Try Firefox portable and change DNS to 1.1.1.1 for testing, animedao.com works for me on that.
Have you maybe made some changes to the default firefox settings? Disabling javascript or something?

Sorry for late response.

I posted my problem on Firefox community forum, and one of the moderators help me with this issue by telling me to check date/time on my computer. The time/date is wrong on my PC so that is why I can't access any site with ClouldFlare DDOS protection on. After fixing the time/date on my rig, I can access any site with Cloudflare DDOS protection.

Upvote 0

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
The time/date is wrong on my PC
Ain't Windows lovely, 21st century and it can not even get the time sync right, it used to fail for me all the time. I use this, a scheduled task will do.

Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Ain't Windows lovely, 21st century and it can not even get the time sync right, it used to fail for me all the time. I use this, a scheduled task will do.

The time zone is the culprit to this issue. Date, time, month, day, and year are correct except the timezone where it auto selected PST and not EST where I live. -.-

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.