Firefox's Multi-Account Containers add-on gets Site Isolation feature

Stopspying

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
"Containers is an interesting feature that Mozilla implemented in the Firefox web browser some time ago. It provides users with a way to separate sites from each other, and benefits of doing so are clear: less tracking, improved privacy, and the ability to sign-in to multiple accounts in a single browsing session.
The Mutli-Account Containers add-on adds configuration options to the feature. You use it to create and edit containers, and to assign sites to containers. The extension ships with the four default containers personal, work, banking and shopping, and users may add more containers, rename existing ones, or customize them with different colors or icons.
Up until now, it was possible to assign certain sites to specific containers. An assigned site would always be opened in that particular container in Firefox to separate it from others.
The new major Firefox Multi-Account Containers release that just landed on Mozilla AMO introduces another feature: site isolation. Besides assigning sites to containers, it is now possible to limit containers to particular sites..."

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
The last version I used there's no 'Export/Import' settings like in uBO. I forgot to do a backup the hard way and all my links were wiped clean. Not using the add-on then

Does this new version comes with a simple 'Export/Import' settings without having to do the hard way?

EDIT

Just checked the new version. Still no 'Export/Import' settings feature. So not using it.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.