AI Assist firejail & firefox in Zorin (ubuntu)

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Running Zorin 16.3 pro. I opened firefox from the firejaillauncher. How can user confirm that firefox is firejailed? I do not see any indication in firefox. Is there a CLI cmd to confirm this? Also I read something on the web that firefox that comes installed in Zorin (or Ubuntu) is already sandboxed; therefore, firejail does not work with Zorin firefox. Thoughts welcome. (my Linux is a little rusty).

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
To confirm whether Firefox is running inside a Firejail sandbox, you can use the following command in the terminal:

```
firejail --list
```

This will display a list of all running Firejail sandboxes. If you see an entry for Firefox, then it means that Firefox is indeed running inside a Firejail sandbox.

Regarding the claim that the Firefox version in Zorin or Ubuntu is already sandboxed, it is partially true. The Firefox package in Ubuntu-based distributions comes with some level of sandboxing enabled by default. However, Firejail provides an additional layer of security by creating a stricter, isolated sandbox environment for running applications.

Therefore, even if Firefox may be partially sandboxed by default, running it inside Firejail can still provide enhanced security and isolation.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.