Status
Not open for further replies.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
COMODO Firewall or Privatefirewall for extra security mechanisms instead of a simple network firewall (i.e. HIPS, behavior blocking module in both applications - COMODO Firewall, specifically, also has a virtualization/restriction sandbox).

If you want a simple network firewall, I recommend BiniSoft Windows Firewall Control or Glasswire.

All the above software are free. The last one (Glasswire) also has a paid version, with a few extra features. (between BiniSoft Windows Firewall Control and Glasswire, I'd choose BiniSoft Windows Firewall Control)

Durden

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2013
thank you guys for the suggestions ... I think I'm gonna give Binisoft windows firewall control a run .. i tried comodo ~3-4 years ago and had a bad experience with it performance-wise .. maybe if I didn't like Binisoft I'll give privetfirewall a try.
again, thanks :)

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
thank you guys for the suggestions ... I think I'm gonna give Binisoft windows firewall control a run .. i tried comodo ~3-4 years ago and had a bad experience with it performance-wise .. maybe if I didn't like Binisoft I'll give privetfirewall a try.
again, thanks :)
As long as you want a network firewall without extra security features, BiniSoft WFC should suffice.
It is pretty as an extension to default Windowa Firewall, allowing you to control it through alerts and some extra functions. :p
Also, since BS WFC is based on default Windows Firewall, it should be extremely light in terms of performance and resources used.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Actually its matter of complexity you want, sometimes 3rd part firewall are pack of variety features which tends to maintain more time/effort meanwhile those tiny tool design for enhancement with Windows Firewall are lesser complication but the protection does not sacrifice.

Reactions: Durden

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
With EAM I would consider the upgrade to EIS.Emsisoft has superb customer support and would be very accomadating

Reactions: Durden and CMLew
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.