Battle Firewalls: Glasswire vs ZoneAarm vs Comodo?

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
So i was asking to myself whats the best Free FW among these 3 products: GlassWire, ZoneAlarm and Comodo.

PS : From Comodo FW take into consideration only the Firewall part.

Reactions: Parsh and AtlBo

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
That's the point. There are no vulnerability fixes, there are no bug fixes, there are potentially holes in the protections.

So why would anyone use a security software that is no longer developed ?

To do so is playing "Russian roulette" with your system.
Same reason people use Windows XP, either don't or won't - or lazy.

Reactions: Andytay70 and AtlBo

Ana_Filiz

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 23, 2016
I will pick GlassWire although this is not mainly a firewall but more likely a monitoring application. I`m using DefenseWall PF and it works excellent among other security apps. :)

Reactions: shmu26 and AtlBo

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Can anyone comment on the differences between Glasswire free and pro? I liked the free but didn't use it as a connection firewall. I had more connection firewalling configurations with PrivateFirewall at that time. Using Comodo Firewall 10 now for all the reasons Jeff_T states.

Glasswire Buy Link

Capacity to handle remote connections, lock down on firewall modules and other miscellaneous features.

Basically Glasswire Firewall free is fine for monitoring the overall network connection purpose.

Reactions: AtlBo

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
I picked Comodo.
Although it has its moments with the bug issues i still use it, and i find its better than glasswire and zonealarm security wise.

Reactions: AtlBo

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
Haven't tried Glasswire, but Comodo feels bloated and takes a hit on system performance, and Zonealarm well, I wouldn't recommend it if you already have a competent AV. I would recommend SpyShelterFW though as an alternative or Windows FW if you don't need all the extras.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rengar

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.