Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hi.:) I was wondering if any other members have experienced this. Earlier this week, my facebook account asked me to answer my security question: Who was your 1st grade teacher? Well, it didn't seem to be the correct answer, but since I only go on facebook to enter our Giveaways I thought I'd just wait a little while.
So, I tried yesterday. LastPass logged me right in, but a question prompted me to choose. It said: Someone tried logging in from Turkey. Was this you? I <clicked> Yes so I could log in.
Tonight, I <clicked> on my Google plus account. Yes, I've entered another Giveaway.:rolleyes:
Here is is: https://plus.google.com/u/0/115579031431374308303/posts Try it, and let me know if it's in Turkish as it was for me.

Searching with Google I've been asked if I'd like to search in Turkish:confused: (as though I am traveling) and I've usually answered "No". Maybe, once (since I didn't realize .tl stood for Turkish Language) I did say yes...o_O Could this be from using Zenmate? It says I am in New York.
..or could it be something more:eek: diabolical?

Thanks! :D

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
It's in English for me, with and without Zenmate.
Thanks, juhful. That's reassuring. One thing I hadn't mentioned was using "disconnect search" https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...rch/hmobfennjmjnkdbklhcnnfbhfibedgkk?hl=en-US extension, but that might not mean anything.:rolleyes: I'm often a bit paranoid (hopefully in a healthy way):D whenever I've been re-routed someplace, although I realize this is slightly different. It is very good to hear the link's in English (my native tongue):):p

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Thanks, juhful. That's reassuring. One thing I hadn't mentioned was using "disconnect search" extension, but that might not mean anything.:rolleyes: I'm often a bit paranoid (hopefully in a healthy way):D whenever I've been re-routed someplace, although I realize this is slightly different. It is very good to hear the link's in English (my native tongue):):p
You're welcome and I'm using disconnect also;)

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
Its most likly because zenmate. i have used this extension, switch the location to british. after that i wanted to login to facebook and it says me that someone from turkey is trying to login. dont know why this happens when i have choose a british server, but for sure the massage came from zenmate vpn extension.

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
It's in english for me Cats, probably Zenmate caused that issues or probably disconnect, afaik sometime websites display language based from our IP, I used zenmate a couple months ago and yes I had similar experience too, and yes I have disconnect installed on my browser. I'm not using zenmate anymore though.

According to my experience, I'm using VPN for surfing the net normally, and usually I choose singapore server since it's close to my country, and every time I want to search on google by using disconnect search, google keep asking me "Do you want to switch to google.tw? or keep using google.com" blah..of course I choose google.com since I don't understand taiwanese at all :D
So, whether disconnect or zenmate caused this, I'm not really sure

Since Striker had similar problem, I think there is no need for being paranoid :)
Well...unless in the future you had the same problem again, sometime being paranoid is good :D (in a good health)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Its most likly because zenmate. i have used this extension, switch the location to british. after that i wanted to login to facebook and it says me that someone from turkey is trying to login. dont know why this happens when i have choose a british server, but for sure the massage came from zenmate vpn extension.
This makes me wonder if someone's laughing at us in Turkey?;) I do like Zenmate, and go back & forth using either it or DoNotTrackMe. Disconnect once prevented DNTM from re-routing so as not to be followed (moving Hansel's & Gretel's bread crumbs..) on my trail.:rolleyes:;)
No..with me just fine..here.. well, from now i will watch them...
Thanks. You'll notice because you won't be able to read. That is, unless you read Turkish.;):):D
It's in english for me Cats, probably Zenmate caused that issues or probably disconnect, afaik sometime websites display language based from our IP, I used zenmate a couple months ago and yes I had similar experience too, and yes I have disconnect installed on my browser. I'm not using zenmate anymore though.

According to my experience, I'm using VPN for surfing the net normally, and usually I choose singapore server since it's close to my country, and every time I want to search on google by using disconnect search, google keep asking me "Do you want to switch to google.tw? or keep using google.com" blah..of course I choose google.com since I don't understand taiwanese at all :D
So, whether disconnect or zenmate caused this, I'm not really sure

Since Striker had similar problem, I think there is no need for being paranoid :)
Well...unless in the future you had the same problem again, sometime being paranoid is good :D (in a good health)
*Laughing*:D I don't speak Taiwanese either, Rahadian. I do have an Acer though!:D Does your VPN make surfing much better for you? I've become fascinated by VPNs & the extensions like them. I first learned how different ISPs can behave throughout the world from reading about it here on MT.:)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Yes, but zenmate does change language.
In a way, this indicates it must be working if web sites really think we are in Turkey. @Fantasy, does Zenmate send you to Turkey or to some other places abroad?!:) Too bad we can't really pop over to other countries as effortlessly as this. I'd like to believe our extension truly works and isn't just changing the languages magically before our eyes!:p:D

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
*Laughing*:D I don't speak Taiwanese either, Rahadian. I do have an Acer though!:D Does your VPN make surfing much better for you? I've become fascinated by VPNs & the extensions like them. I first learned how different ISPs can behave throughout the world from reading about it here on MT.:)

Yep, VPN is essential for me these days, you might want to try it and see if VPN still hanging on this "Turkey" stuff :D
I wish your problem resolved soon, and since you uninstalled disconnect already, how about it? is this "turkey" still poking around?

PS : I'm going to install zenmate again, see if this change my language into turkey too, also have you try hola extension?

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Yep, VPN is essential for me these days, you might want to try it and see if VPN still hanging on this "Turkey" stuff :D
I wish your problem resolved soon, and since you uninstalled disconnect already, how about it? is this "turkey" still poking around?

PS : I'm going to install zenmate again, see if this change my language into turkey too, also have you try hola extension?
After this post, I shall immediately test whether I'll be in Turkey once more.;):p This external drive has a portable version Chrome on the PortableApps plattform, with only DoNotTrackMe accompanied by ScriptBlock, Adblock, & LastPass, extensions.:) Thank you, Rahadian. It's not so much of a problem as a curiosity that was fun to share!;) I was satisfied as it seemed either Zenmate or Disconnect Search took us to Turkey.:D Btw, I still do have Disconnect Search, but usually disabled with a 2nd Chrome on a second smaller flash drive that has Pale Moon x64 on it too. I shall look into hola (spanish for Hi!) at your recommendation. Thanks!:):)
Update: While using Chrome with DoNotTrackMe, I clicked on the shared Giveaway link to my Google Plus. I found it to be in English, and was almost disappointed I'd not been transported as before to Turkey. I did say 'almost'. In truth, it felt very liberating not to have to re-load, re-route, close &/or replace the browser I'm using. Peace of mind is good!:D

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.