Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Chinese videocard manufacturing company Colorful surprised us lately with interesting product designs and original cooling systems. Now, the company is proudly presenting its new fanless solution for Nvidia’s top single-GPU solution, the GeForce GTX 680.

First-Fanless-GeForceGTX-680-Displayed-2.jpg

They have a considerably hot GPU, like Nvidia’s Kepler work in a fanless solution is quite a significant design and engineering achievement.

The main problem is the fact that cooling performance is heavily dependent on the temperature of the surrounding air.

Place Colorful’s fanless GTX 680 in a warm room with ambient temperatures of over 30 degrees Celsius, in a crowded case or simply in a weakly-ventilated case and you will run into overheating issues.

For such a situation, Colorful reportedly offers an additional cooling system that will sit on top of the card and that will provide a combined cooling surface of 200 square meters across 280 cooling fins connected to a total of 20 heatpipes.

The company is still thinking about releasing the product on the market so there’s no word yet on pricing or availability.

Source

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I would like one of these, but would have to wait for the money.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
OT:

How do portable gaming devices (ie. PS Vita) and tablets (ie. iPad) keep cool?

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Earth said:
OT:

As far as I know they have a small inbuilt fan, but I could be wrong.

P

Plexx

Fanless Cards humm. Try having someone in south east asia during summer and not a proper cooling system...

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Biozfear said:
Fanless Cards humm. Try having someone in south east asia during summer and not a proper cooling system...

Or worse in places like Saudi Arabia where it reaches 40 degrees Celsius. :p

iPanik

Feb 28, 2011
Yeah i could totally fit that in my old case...

They use the casing for heat dispersal. the iPad has a large metal back which keeps it cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.