Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
HP has started taking pre-orders for the very first Always Connected PC running Windows 10 on a Snapdragon chipset developed by Qualcomm.

Announced in late 2017, the Windows 10 on ARM push is projected to bring several new devices to the market this spring, and HP appears to be the first to do this. The company is now receiving pre-orders for the Envy x2, with shipments to begin in early March.

HP Envy x2 technical specifications
The device costs $999 in the United States and it’s powered by the Snapdragon 835 processor paired with 4GB RAM. The 12.3-inch display comes with touch support, which means you should be able to take advantage of Windows 10 features specifically developed in this regard, including Windows Ink.

Additionally, the laptop also boasts 128GB of storage space, as well as one USB 3.1 Type-C port and one nano-SIM connector for 4G connectivity on the go. You also get extras like three microphones and front and rear cameras, plus Bang & Olufsen stereo speakers.

HP says the Envy x2 offers up to 22 hours of battery life per charge, and this is actually one of the main advantages of Always Connected PCs.

Read more at: First Windows 10 Laptop with Snapdragon Processor Now Available for Pre-Order

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
I'm excited about Windows 10 on ARM. But the $999 price for this thing is crazy imo. And that price is in US, outside its going to be even higher. Granted with future generation, Windows 10 ARM will probably get cheaper.

Reactions: Syafiq

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I think it'll get cheaper pretty quickly, considering HP are first in with theirs the price will probably be higher but once more manufacturers enter the market then i think you will see it go down. :)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
What is special about ARM? Not knocking ARM, just asking because I don't know.

They want an awful lot of money for such skimpy storage and RAM. What's up with that?

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
What is special about ARM? Not knocking ARM, just asking because I don't know.

They want an awful lot of money for such skimpy storage and RAM. What's up with that?
Efficiency. ARM processor are supposed to be a lot more efficient than x86-x64 and much better on battery. And Windows 10 ARM laptops are said to be cheaper, although the above HP device is way overpriced for what it offers. Hopefully just a 1st generation effect and in 2 years or so Windows 10 ARM becomes cheaper like it was supposed to be.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.