Guide | How To Fit more into Chrome's Bookmark Bar

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

BSOD

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
Before Chrome, I used Firefox and the addon "Smart Bookmarks" was one of my favourites and I missed it all the time. The following is obviously not the ideal replacement for it but if you have a lot of favourite bookmarks and wish to fit more on the Bookmarks Bar, you can do the following:

1. Right-click on the icon in your Bookmarks Bar, then click Edit.

2. Remove the text from the Name field, then click Save.

3. Done, and repeat for the rest.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
For those wondering exactly how this looks / how much more space you'll get out of your bookmarks bar.

Before:
Mb9cV.png

After:
BT66N.png

Personally I like the text, = bigger buttons to click on.

Thanks.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
BSOD said:
I guess it's more useful in my case :D

lol...mine is worse.

magicalsnap201211060831.png

Thanks for this and the "Smart bookmarks" addon mention.Im going to use both

MrXidus

Apr 17, 2011
White Nobster said:
lol...mine is worse.

Oh lawd what a mess. :rolleyes:

Some of them don't even have favicons. I just imagine you spend wasted seconds of your time hovering your mouse over the blank icons just to see which URL it is.

Have you ever thought about using folders instead and categorizing your bookmarks?

Would be much neater.

inb4 You're lazy and CBA to do so.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
MrXidus said:
White Nobster said:
lol...mine is worse.

Oh lawd what a mess. :rolleyes:

Some of them don't even have favicons. I just imagine you spend wasted seconds of your time hovering your mouse over the blank icons just to see which URL it is.

Have you ever thought about using folders instead and categorizing your bookmarks?

Would be much neater.

???????

Don't spend wasted seconds hovering over them because I have never used the addon.I tried it and as you can see it is quite a mess.I disabled it for right now until I have time to make folders and straighten it out.The problem is I have to find the time to sit down and sort it all out.Until I find the time I am not going to use the addon.Its not about laziness,it's a time thing.

MrXidus

Apr 17, 2011
White Nobster said:
The problem is I have to find the time to sit down and sort it all out

Once you do it, You'll feel better about your browser. :)

BSOD

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
???????

I have never used the addon so tried it and as you can see it is quite a mess.I disabled it for right now until I have time to make folders and straighten it out.Its a mess,though I know where everything is...lol.The problem is I have to find the time to sit down and sort it all out

inb4

cba

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
BSOD said:
???????

I have never used the addon so tried it and as you can see it is quite a mess.I disabled it for right now until I have time to make folders and straighten it out.Its a mess,though I know where everything is...lol.The problem is I have to find the time to sit down and sort it all out

inb4

cba

Thank You :) Does the Urban Dictionary have a favicon? I posted the screen shot to show what a mess it was using the addon.I might be many things but lazy is not one of them.I apparently wasted too many seconds replying to this thread

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.