Flash Player/Internet Explorer outdated messages on Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harigat

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 8, 2014
I am using Moto G with Android 4.4.2
When I boot in safe mode, the problem disappears. After rebooting to normal mode, the problem did not come for a 10-12 hours but it has started again.

Infection date and initial symptoms:
Date: June 6, 2014
Play Store stopped working. Opening google.com and facebook.com shows flash player outdated alert box and then goes to a fake page with the address of google.com or facebook.com which asks to download Flash Player or IE update. It is an .exe file.

Current issues and symptoms:
1. Play Store not working
2. Facebook.com, Google.com and Bing.com do not open and only flash player download page opens.
3. Opening any other page shows the flash player/IE alert and then

Steps taken in order to remove the infection:
1. Scanned using MalwareBytes and AVG. No virus found.
2. Uninstalled a lot of apps and only few trusted apps remain. But still problem is present.
3. Cleared data of Play Store and Google Chrome. But still problem is present.

Last edited:

Harigat

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 8, 2014
Why move this thread it to mobiles and tablets thread? I think my problem is clearly the same as the one faced by Windows users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.