Fluxon's Security Setup, is it enough? *Updated*

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
RE: Fluxon's Security Setup, is it enough?

Your real-time protection is good.ESET 5 has almost no bugs so everything should be ok. As for Comodo Firewall, as far as I know ESET 5 has it's own integrated HIPS so I would suggest to tweak it in order to be 'more visible' ,if you're looking for a higher degree of security.
Is this a trail or do you have a license?
What other real-time protections did you previously used?

Additional on-demand scanner:

Hitman Pro (Trial) - link
An on-demand scanner using multiple anti-malware engines and cloud technology. It offers unlimited free scanning but once you use it to remove detected malware it switches to a 30-day trial version. I recommend using it after you've scanned your hard-drive with the other products you have installed.

Emsisoft Emergency Kit (Free) - link
With the Emsisoft Emergency Kit Scanner you have got the powerful Emsisoft Scanner including graphical user interface. Search the infected PC for Viruses, Trojans, Spyware, Adware, Worms, Dialers, Keyloggers and other malign programs.
Run the Emsisoft Emergency Kit Scanner with a double click on a2emergencykit.exe. Found Malware can be moved to quarantine or finally deleted.

Additional browser protection:
WOT (Free) - link
To help you avoid malicious sites you can use Web of Trust (WOT) a website rating browser plugin. After you add it to your browser make sure you only visit websites rated "Green" by WOT

LastPass (Free/) - link
LastPass is an online password manager and form filler that makes web browsing easier and more secure.

Virtualization:
Sandboxie (Free/Paid) - link
Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
More details - link

I would suggest that you use the Sandbox at least when doing some dangerous/unknown surfing or when trying to run a unknown app. on your system.
If you have any question about Sandboxie..... please ask.

Extra protection:
EMET 2 (Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit) (Free) - link
EMET provides users with the ability to deploy security features built into Windows to arbitrary applications. This helps prevent vulnerabilities in those applications from successfully being exploited. DEP, SEHOP and ASLR are such security features, if you want to learn more about what they do, you can watch this video from Microsoft TechCenter. To configure EMET you should follow this guide by rationallyPARANOID.

Optional

Norton DNS (Free) - link
It automatically blocks dangerous Web sites so you can surf the Web without worrying about getting infected or scammed.
Norton DNS - a safer and smarter way to surf the Web.

Fluxon

Thread author
Jul 15, 2011

Since it's only a RC, I just did the "Activate Beta Version" which it to me till October 10th.

Before ESET, I was using the free version of avast!

Also, now I also put on Comodo Cleaning Essentials, Emisoft Free Emergency Kit, and HitmanPro.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

You can use VTzilla (from Virustotal) since its updated to Firefox 5.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.