FMA Sponsored Free Dedicated MT Cloud Malware Storage

Would you like a FMA sponsored Malware Cloud Storage strictly for MT?

• Yes sounds oke but not sure it will do any good and i dunno how MT would benefit from this?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
But what about non-hunters who get a malicious email, or something of the sort, and want to contribute? Do we send to someone specific (so this would create some workload) or can all MT members upload files?

D

Deleted member 178

That can be discussed later if the project is approved, but to answer you ,the non-hunter may just pm an hunter and the later will check the malware to see if it is a real one.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Alright i see what you are saying, that being said the final question would be: Do you support such service or are you against it?

Agreed. Missed this topic yesterday.

NZRADAR

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Hi n.nvt How long would you keep samples on server?, or is there any interest in like archiving sets 3 monthly or 6 monthly say and then make those links available for say a week on January 1st July 1st before purge and start of new archive set. I'm not sure whether others are interested or not or even if one consider it relevant given the fast nature of sample production. Just a thought.

Cheers

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2013
Hi n.nvt How long would you keep samples on server?, or is there any interest in like archiving sets 3 monthly or 6 monthly say and then make those links available for say a week on January 1st July 1st before purge and start of new archive set. I'm not sure whether others are interested or not or even if one consider it relevant given the fast nature of sample production. Just a thought.

Cheers

I can keep the samples around as much as i like or as much as needed or as much as agreed with the MT staff.
However for practical reasons Malware packs older then 3 months will be archived into a special "folder" within the storage and they will be separated from the "live" packages. This way we have always up to date packages and if you are looking for a older package you can simply put in a search query which will fetch the required data for the user.

However this is all speculation as we speak, right now the question is are we going to make such service? And if so then MT has to come up with a clear wish list which i will implement.

Cheers

Reactions: NZRADAR

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
Good idea, take care about exploits and in-side infected archives.
Good luck :)

D

Deleted member 21043

@Jack PLEASE can this be allowed? Look at the comments, everyone is liking the idea... AND the poll rates it should happen.

Reactions: Malware1

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.