Guide | How To Format Hard Disc by Notepad

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow King

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 11, 2012
Hi friends! its my new trick for how to format Hard disc by Using Notepad? So, to do this, just follow the simple tricks.

Write The Following In Notepad Exactly as it says

Code removed.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I see that your trying to give guides, but I personally see no point in these guides when it can easily be done by doing it the normal way.

Shadow King

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 11, 2012
McLovin said:
I see that your trying to give guides, but I personally see no point in these guides when it can easily be done by doing it the normal way.
Sometime there is an error while formatting the hard disk
and its very urgent to format
so this will help you to do so ;)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
winexpert said:

Still, I personally think this thread is useless, but who am I to say, others might like it. :)

P

Plexx

winexpert said:

If there are errors while formatting the drive using the windows builtin solution, means there are issues with Windows itself...

Also, there are other tools that allow for further options whilst formatting, instead of going an automatic way like yours. 9 out of 10 users will not do the txt file trick.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have to agree with McLovin & Biozfear! Using Windows built in solution or 3rd party tools is a better option for me.I like to have other options and control rather than just running it automatically from a txt file.It is a neat little trick but one that I would not use.

D

Deleted member 178

it is similar as an old trick to format the computer of someone else via email when AV were not so popular and didn't have anti-executables

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I use a big electro magnet with Caesium-137. Does the trick every time.
That is just one of the many benefits of having a nuclear powered PC.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
it is similar as an old trick to format the computer of someone else via email when AV were not so popular and didn't have anti-executables

Ahhhh yes a very good but very cruel trick

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Many malware writers use Notepad as the base to start off with.

There are many other notepad tricks just like this one that can do damage to your system.

Some others that I know about are:

Delete all user documents
Encrypt hard drive
Delete Windows directory

I will not post how to do this with notepad because someone could read it and use it for malicious purposes. There are many executable that can be made with notepad but most are used in common with malware.

Thanks.:D

Shadow King

Level 1
Thread author
Jun 11, 2012
exterminator20 said:
I have to agree with McLovin & Biozfear! Using Windows built in solution or 3rd party tools is a better option for me.I like to have other options and control rather than just running it automatically from a txt file.It is a neat little trick but one that I would not use.

dude its just a prank which can harm your friends PC ;)

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I think this could come in handy only if it's an extremely urgent situation, or if someone pi$$ed you off lol

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I'm closing this thread since it is moving towards malicious activities.
Formating someone's hard drive is not what most people would consider as a prank, it is vandalism and is illegal. We do not support this according to the rules in our forum.

Thanks.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.