Huawei Backup
Syncthing

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Does your AIRVPN comes with a dedicated Kill Switch for HUAWEI EMUI don't support android's default Kill Switch?

Some VPNs come with a dedicated 'Kill Switch' but, in fact, it relies on android's default Kill Switch

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Some VPNs come with a dedicated 'Kill Switch' but, in fact, it relies on android's default Kill Switch
If you got some link/s that explains that I would love read about it. Now I only found information about Androids default Kill Switch that makes me confused as it points to Factory reset, and that's not the same as a genuine VPN Kill Switch.

Last edited:

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
If you got some link/s that explains that I would love read about it. Now I only found information about Androids default Kill Switch that makes me confused as it points to Factory reset, and that's not the same as a genuine VPN Kill Switch.

I have a plan to make an extensive test using a number of VPNs on Android to check whether their Kill Switch is working properly including CyberghostVPN, VyprVPN, and VPN.ac. I'll share my findings as soon as I finished those tests.

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Does your AIRVPN comes with a dedicated Kill Switch for HUAWEI EMUI don't support android's default Kill Switch?

I am looking for the effectiveness of those VPNs comes with a dedicated 'Kill Switch'. Android VPNs are useless without an effective 'Kill Switch'.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Android default Kill Switch enabling is explained here

It's supposed to be better than those built-in Kill Switch in the VPN app. If there's some issue with the VPN app (like a crash/hang-up) then the built-in Kill Switch might not protect you as opposed to the default android Kill Switch.

If you look carefully many android VPNs are making use of the default android VPN settings

I have a plan to make an extensive test using a number of VPNs on Android to check whether their Kill Switch is working properly including CyberghostVPN, VyprVPN, and VPN.ac. I'll share my findings as soon as I finished those tests.
I think CyberGhost has a dedicated Kill Switch. VyprVPN as well

VPN.ac uses the default android VPN Kill Switch

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I am looking for the effectiveness of those VPNs comes with a dedicated 'Kill Switch'. Android VPNs are useless without an effective 'Kill Switch'.
I just signed up for VyprVPN which comes with a dedicated Kill Switch. The Kill Switch works.

Read my review in post #17 below

Forsaked

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Sep 14, 2017

It comes with a dedicated Kill Switch.

Hello, good config, I see you use also reliable data backup methods such as Dropbox, but pay attention when you install apps from unknown sources.

Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, i like Dropbox for the Fact that it's the only Cloud-Provider which has incremental Sync, so it syncs only the Changes made to Files and not the whole File.
Since most of my Stuff is encrypted in big VeraCrypt-Containers, this Feature is a Life Saver.

Some of my Apps aren't in the App-Store, like AdGuard, XDA-Labs and YouTube Vanced, so i install them manually.
I am aware of the Risk of Apps from unknown Sources, but in this Case the Sources are known.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.