Forums will they always exist ?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Do you think forums will always be here. Not talking about just this forum but all forums in general?
Hey,
I would say yes, however the form that they are organised might change. Forums like this, which have technical subjects will exist on their own, however the more general forums ) will move to the social platforms (eg: Facebook groups). People need to connect to each other and "forums" (in different forms) need to exist.

ng4ever

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Hey,
I would say yes, however the form that they are organised might change. Forums like this, which have technical subjects will exist on their own, however the more general forums (which have a wider interests) will move to the social platforms (eg: Facebook groups). People need to connect to each other and "forums" need to exist.

I totally agree with this.

Sadly some general forums (which have a wider interests), like you said have already moved to social platforms (Facebook groups) :(

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
Yep, forums will always exist. There's tons of them, all covering various things. Like this one for starters, then there's gaming forums that cover topics like reviews, walkthrough guides, bug fixing, etc. Plus fan forums of football clubs. The list just goes on and on..... :):)

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
As far as I've noticed, the trend goes towards more superficial discussion. Whatever board I tend to, the rate of folks checking in to ask one question without bothering to search has been on the rise for years. Their visit is usually a single occurance.

On the other hand, even IRC is still around and used by many. Also, as long as there's women there's yappin', so I'm not worried really. ;)

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Why not? There aren't real reasons why the forums will not exist.
Forums can coexist alongside with the social networks but they are a different reality.
I don't have FB and TW accounts because this is not my priority, but I believe that technical forums like MT, have a different orientation, focusing on knowledge sharing by maintaining a friendly environment.
Of course, everything changes, improves in a positive dynamism.

Huchim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
Well, if forums doesn't exist, how will people share experiencies about a common subject, product or service? maybe the way of communication will change but the main concept will perdure so, maybe will be named diferently while adopting new technologies.

jadinolf

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 20, 2014
I'm not so sure that forums will continue to exist.
I have always been a forum "junkie" but they sure aren't like the old days.
I see posts which were days and weeks old. Even saw one of my once favorite forums where at least one of the last posts was in 2009.
Needless to say, I don't go there any more.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Hey,
I would say yes, however the form that they are organised might change. Forums like this, which have technical subjects will exist on their own, however the more general forums ) will move to the social platforms (eg: Facebook groups). People need to connect to each other and "forums" (in different forms) need to exist.

+1

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Forums will exist, but all depends on the subject they use for the forum. Like forums like this will always be around because there is so much to cover over the internet, but forums (been part of a huge one) general forums, will not do well unless they keep the members happy.
Plus forums are good because if you are wanting to know an answer to your question you will always find an answer on some forum on the internet.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
A thought...

"People should be judged on the basis of their knowledge rather than their money" I read this somewhere...

I think it is necessary to fight the globalization of knowledge, the standardization of the minds that this society tries to impose, until you get to locate differentiation of ways of reasoning and the quality of the intellectual results.
The idea, as often happens, is distorted or it is used as propaganda: but this is the Web.... you may not see the face of those who makes the information, making a collage, while continuing to not know anything!!!

There would be many things to say but, more importantly, a lot of things to do.... a closed system can be efficient and effective, capable of producing good things for a certain period of time, but then it is destined to die.

The only thing that never dies, but always evolves, is an open dynamic system....it evolves because it exchanges energy with the outside world and it exchanges energy because it evolves.

This is a forum and what it compares, is the good information.

Forum's posts are written with the primary intent to provide information accompanied by the proper key to reading.

Personally, I think it is not so important the sharing of a particular technological know-how or other, but the motivation to open the mind of the person who is reading.

This is, in the end, the most ambitious goal for a forum, in my opinion.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.