Battle Free antivirus for commercial use (office, store, etc...)

ddave

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 17, 2014
Hi everyone, I'm looking for free antivirus software that can be used in the commercial / business environment, for example like the office, or a store, etc...
Could you give me some solution, please?
Thank you all.

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Comodo can be used on commercial environment too:
Others here:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I think the best free AV for office is Kaspersky free (european version is better)

Reasons:
- best behavior blocker and one of the best AV with signatures
- Has exploit protection and network attack blocker => almost all other free AVs don't have. I think it's crucial for office environment

Weakness: adwares, toolbars and PUPs

Gangelo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2017
I think the best free AV for office is Kaspersky free (european version is better)

Reasons:
- best behavior blocker and one of the best AV with signatures
- Has exploit protection and network attack blocker => almost all other free AVs don't have. I think it's crucial for office environment

Weakness: adwares, toolbars and PUPs

I don't think that the OP is asking opinion on the best free AV in general, but a solution that can be used commercially / professionally without having to pay for a licence.

ddave

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Nov 17, 2014
Thank you for your answers,
in order:
Comodo can be used on commercial environment too:
Others here:
I read the website and i think the best here, among those mentioned, is Comodo. The FAQ page on Nano website says "NANO Antivirus with a free license can only be used on home computers" and i don't know how good is Immunet.

From the various eula:
AdAware: If You are a company or any other entity, You may not use the freeware version of the Licensed Software Product (Adaware antivirus Free), as the freeware version of the Licensed Software Product may be used only by private home users.
Avira: Freeware is licensed for private use only.
I can't check Huorong because the website is in chinese and I'm not able to find the Zonealarm eula.

I don't think that the OP is asking opinion on the best free AV in general, but a solution that can be used commercially / professionally without having to pay for a licence.
Exactly.

Is free versions and especially in a genuine " commercial / business environment " something to seriously recommend? Things like professional support 24/7 is normally extremely crucial even for small companies.
The request for a free antivirus that can be used in the commercial environment is more for the knowledge itself rather than the really need of a free product.
However I work in a reality where there are three of us and we don't have bad habits on the web, we don't go on strange websites or who knows what, we don't even handle sensitive data, or anything else, and we save all documents on a NAS. We didn't need 24/7 support until now and that's why we're considering using free solutions even for the office.

Gangelo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2017
Windows Defender (Win 8 / 8.1 / 10) can be used in a business environment for up to 10 seats if I recall correctly

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.