Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Free Download Manager

It is a powerful, easy-to-use and absolutely free download accelerator and manager.

Ashampoo_Snap_2015.07.15_09h11m48s_005_.jpg

Ashampoo_Snap_2015.07.15_09h09m23s_004_Free Download Manager - Features - Mozilla Firefox.jpg

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/index.htm

FDM ver. 3.9.6 build 1559
New features:
[+] Unicode support.
[+] YouTube downloads thorough processing.
[–] General bug fixes.
http://f0.freedownloadmanager.org/fdminst.exe

D

Deleted member 2913

Currently I find IDM better than any but its paid & FDM free.

FDM version 5 is in technical preview. It has new GUI, Video download, etc... I tested it previously & find it good. I liked Video download...rightclick video clips & select download with fdm & gives the available resolutions with size.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I've tested before and seems the only issue is the browser monitoring that even technical preview couldn't provide support for modern version of browsers.

Unless they will provide an option to add browsers manually by user.

Note: I can be wrong but that's my last current view of FDM, unless feel free to correct me. ;)

Reactions: Kent and JM Safe
D

Deleted member 2913

I've tested before and seems the only issue is the browser monitoring that even technical preview couldn't provide support for modern version of browsers.

Unless they will provide an option to add browsers manually by user.

Note: I can be wrong but that's my last current view of FDM, unless feel free to correct me. ;)
I dont see the prob in IE & Chrome. I do see the prob in Firefox i.e sometimes with new version of FF, FDM extension gets disabled due to incompatibility.

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
I've tested it lots of months ago and I think that it is a very good software! Thanks for sharing it :)

Reactions: frogboy

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
Between FDM vs IDM, IDM has the performance edge which I confirmed with my ultra low speed 512 kbps internet. Yes FDM is the best free download manager available at the moment. Compared to adware/spyware DAP download accelerator plus, FDM is far better and clean software (I think ) .

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@yesnoo : I'm using Opera and their latest compatibility check option in FDM is very old version like Presto (something 11.xx to 15.xx) whereas its already version 30.

Reactions: Kent
D

Deleted member 2913

@yesnoo : I'm using Opera and their latest compatibility check option in FDM is very old version like Presto (something 11.xx to 15.xx) whereas its already version 30.
I dont know about Opera as never tried it.
FDM works fine on Comodo Dragon & Comodo Chromodo.

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
I purchased a license for IDM two years ago. And I am very happy about it. I don't have to use any patches/cracks and receive updates regularly. I tried many download managers: free and paid versions. But I didn't like them. By the way, you can purchase IDM only for 776 Roubles (about $12) on its official page if you use a Russian IP and yandex money (it's a Russian payment system)

Reactions: JM Safe and frogboy

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
The download speeds were so slow with FDM. The youtube downloads also stopped working suddenly. In the end, I had no other option, but to buy IDM.

Reactions: frogboy

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
The download speeds were so slow with FDM. The youtube downloads also stopped working suddenly. In the end, I had no other option, but to buy IDM.
IDM is one one of the best softwares ever made, a good move. ;):D

Reactions: SherKaan

Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Reactions: DracusNarcrym
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.