Advice Request Free Security tools for Windows Server

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

l0rdraiden

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
I know how to harden a windows server 2016, but I was wondering what free security apps are available for Windows Server.
I'm thinking about the OS for a home server and I'm unsure about windows 10 pro or server 2016.
I don't plan to use linux.

Any input is welcome.

List:
  • OSArmor

D

Deleted member 65228

The same ones that are available when you aren't using Windows Server, as long as the vendor supports Windows Server?

Most vendors cater to business users by providing some form of end-point protection solution which is designed for usage on servers and comes packaged with an administration Control Panel (CP) to control the installation's across all the multiples of servers in the environment.

Unless you own a business/have a lot of work-stations then this likely won't be an applicable choice for you but thought you just mention it anyhow.

l0rdraiden

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
The same ones that are available when you aren't using Windows Server, as long as the vendor supports Windows Server?

Most vendors cater to business users by providing some form of end-point protection solution which is designed for usage on servers and comes packaged with an administration Control Panel (CP) to control the installation's across all the multiples of servers in the environment.

Unless you own a business/have a lot of work-stations then this likely won't be an applicable choice for you but thought you just mention it anyhow.

I know, the problem is that the windows server compatible versions of the security apps are intended for business use and aren't free. This is why I'm asking. You can't install a free AV like Avast in a windows server probably due to a block during the installation rather than an incompatibility.

l0rdraiden

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jul 28, 2017
Well, in case someone is interested I found:

• Forticlient
  • OsArmor
  • Spyshelter
  • Windows Firewall Control
  • ExeRadar Pro (probably)

Reactions: harlan4096
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.