Troubleshoot Freedome VPN and Adguard?

sudo -i

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2017
Freedome takes priority over Adguard for me.

I've been instructed to enable Local HTTP Proxy on Automatic (Root only) on Adguard for compatibility. Anything further I have to do? What other settings should I disable from Adguard? Do I need HTTPS filtering?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You want Adguard to filter through your VPN? Or are you trying to achieve a different goal?

Instructed to do what, for (reason) and by whom?

Upvote 0

sudo -i

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 17, 2017
You want Adguard to filter through your VPN? Or are you trying to achieve a different goal?

Instructed to do what, for (reason) and by whom?
Instructed from the Adguard FAQ on how to filter through a third-party VPN instead of Adguard VPN.

My goal is to use Adguard as a system-wide adblocker and use VPN as my main VPN.

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Lots here use Adguard, so they might be able to assist. I merely asked if you had attempted to research for solutions whilst you waited for a proper response.

Edit: Moved to Troubleshooting.

Last edited:
Reactions: sudo -i
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.