Battle Freeware Antivirus 2017 - [MT Users choice]

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I have excluded Windows Defender because it's baseline protection and only 3rd party antiviruses are included here.

If your primary antivirus isn't included in the poll, mention it in the comments section.

*Please comment on why the antivirus is your personal choice for freeware protection, so that you can help others in making a decision.*

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
My choice Is Avira The cloud is just magical ;)
Also its light, And privacy friendly :)

2 Should be Avast for sure Only thing it doenst really care about your privacy

3 Should be Qihoo( i dont trust this one but protection wise it should be good)/Bitdefender

You should never go under this it would be funest for your Protection

For all of this Combine it with Immunet! ( if you want completely free )

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
My choice Is Avira The cloud is just magical ;)
Also its light, And privacy friendly :)

2 Should be Avast for sure Only thing it doenst really care about your privacy

3 Should be Qihoo( i dont trust this one but protection wise it should be good)/Bitdefender

You should never go under this it would be funest for your Protection

For all of this Combine it with Immunet! ( if you want completely free )
Anyone concerned about privacy can easily turn off data collection. Avast doesn't hide that option and you don't lose anything by switching privacy options off.

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Immunet uses the Bitdefender engine so paring it with Qihoo or Bitdefender would be pointless. Just so everyone is aware.
Its not, Lol people need to search out more..

Immunet is a free, cloud-based, community-driven antivirus application, using the ClamAV ( Clamav is standard off ) and its own engine. The software is complementary with existing antivirus software.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Its not, Lol people need to search out more..

Immunet is a free, cloud-based, community-driven antivirus application, using the ClamAV ( Clamav is standard off ) and its own engine. The software is complementary with existing antivirus software.
mxvOgfr.png

Could have stopped using it but I've not heard any news that they have.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Its probaly false information or it uses 3 engine :p
Immunet - Wikipedia
It uses its own engine and Bitdefender's engine. ClamAV's engine is hot garbage so there's no real reason to turn that on unless your internet goes down often. Saying that, I wouldn't recommend using a cloud AV if that's the case.

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Off-Topic:

A single Antivirus is sufficient to protect your system. Why use an AV, if you need another. (Excluding: On-demand only scanners).
I agree, but this goes to show what I was talking about with my "layering" statement in another thread. ;)
I don't get it, but hey to each his own I guess.
Oh, and by the way I voted BitDefender :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.