Advanced Plus Security frogboys 2018 config.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last updated
Apr 8, 2018
Windows Edition
Pro
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Emsisoft , Anti Malware Zemana Antilogger. Voodooshield (Lifetime) Shadow Defender. (When Required.)
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Eset Online Scanner. MBAM. Trend Micro House call.
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
WaterFox. Firefox latest Beta. IDM.
Maintenance tools
Windows Disk Cleanup tool. Every now and then WiseCare 365 Pro. Privazer.
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect Free & Aomei Backupper PRO.
System recovery
Macrium Reflect Free & Aomei Backupper PRO. I like to keep at least 6 System Images with each software.
Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/frogboys-laptop.70100/ 2TB Seagate HDD. Intel(R) Core (TM) i7 --3630QM @2.4 Ghz.

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I still don't get the 'increased boot time' thing, I think RollBack adds a couple seconds. Still less than froggie having to use a disk imager ;)
It's still a cost to take into account since it can add up and there's no real empirical evidence to measure raw time lost much less usability and opportunity costs from the timing of the time lost. I don't really care if system imaging protects you from things other than malware since productivity is the more immediate, apparent and fundamental concern and the chances are low for the smarter users anyway.
Well, can't know everything so sometimes you can only guess.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Too many nice software in real-time, and all are those that don't like to keep their mouth shut :D
If your machine handles it very well (though it feels like an overkill), I'll be a bit jealous!
Everything set up well and you sure are ......
I use and each time i make a backup i make one with each just in case one does not work, makes me feel safer.
..... keeping things very safe :rolleyes:

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Too many nice software in real-time, and all are those that don't like to keep their mouths shut :D
If your machine handles it very well (though it feels like an overkill), I'll be a bit jealous!
Everything set up well and you sure are ......

..... keeping things very safe :rolleyes:
It all works well for me. Cheers. ;)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
@frogboy you can also try FF Nightly.
I am using it for about a month and i am satisfied with it's performance.
It's stable and it gets updates every day.
The downside is that some addons wont work on version 57.
I have not tried FF nightly before so thanks Tony I shall give it a spin Cheers foe the tip. ;):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.