Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017

FS Protection PC Release 209
New features:

New ransomware protection feature has been turned on. Please report if you have issues with any of your applications.

Fixed issues:

Antivirus:

Computer Security - Excessive scanning time (UFO-2126)
  • Funny scan report and events list with Unicode bidirectional control characters in file names (SAFE_BUG-02160, CTS-100431)
  • Registration with Windows Security Center failed (CTS-100469)
Browsing Protection:
  • Banking Protection blocking known banking site in Internet Explorer (CTS-100427)
  • Online Safety widget crash (CTS-100458)
  • Block page has an old elevation icon (CTS-100193)

Faybert

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Hello, can I use FS Protection on my main system?
No doubt you can install, In the times I had the FS Protection I always found him very stable, but you have to be aware that it is a beta version, and with this may appear errors at any time. @Lord Ami can respond better, since he has a long experience with F-Secure.

Lord Ami

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
Thanks for mentioning me (grabbed my attention ;)).

I've been running the beta for well over a year and I would consider it extremely stable. Nothing game-breaking to report - it's been working solid and stable for me.
Being beta program makes it prone to errors/instability and it could even (theoretically) destroy your Windows. But that is far too extreme - FS seems to be on the safe side, releasing stable enough builds. I would recommend... but be sure to have failsafe/backups in case something would happen. Again, over a year - all good, no BOSDs or similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.