Solved Full screen problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbpackerfan

Thread author
Jun 14, 2011
All of my games that play in full screen look like this!
catsvj.jpg

ALL of my full screen games started looking like this after I edited the properties of ONE game!
I ticked disable visual themes, disable desktop composition, disable scaling on DPI settings, and run in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP 2 (Don't ask why I did it, I was stupid). After doing so, the screen looked like THAT! And even after unticking all those, it STILL looks like that! Why?? All my other full screen games are like that too now, even though I only edited this game's properties!

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
You've undone all the changes and it isn't working right?
What resolution are you running for the OS vs your games?

Upvote 0

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Are you using a DVI cable? If not, maybe your monitor can't adjust to the resolution of your games. It probably has an auto-adjust button you can use or you can change to another resolution. Un-installing and re-installing video drivers is also something you could try.

Upvote 0

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Are there any in-game settings that allow you to change the resolution?

I'm sure you've probably looked already, but still worth a mention.

Upvote 0
E

Exorcizm

If you provide the following information it would be greatly appreciated and helpful

What Monitor do you use?:
What Resolution is your Monitors' native?:
Are you using your native resolution in windows?:
Are you using Nvidia or AMD GPU?:
Have you tried resetting all settings to factory defaults in the Nvidia Control Panel?:
Are you using the latest up-to-date Nvidia/AMD Driver?:
Is the driver Official Release or BETA?:

These questions could potentially solve your problem, please take the time to answer them :)

Thankyou Very Much! :D

- Josh

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.