Future Firefox Mockups Look Gorgeous, Practical (Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Mozilla is always looking at ways it can improve Firefox and has not shied away from experimentation. However, with the new rapid release cycle, we may start seeing the results of these experiments a lot sooner than before.

One example is a proposed UI revamp, which is only in mockup form now, but which already looks promising.

The aim of the revamp seems to be simplifying the few remaining UI elements, the tab bar in particular.

Some of the notable changes include the removal of the dedicated search bar and the rounded tab corners, similar in a way to Chrome.

In fact, there are a lot of elements that look similar to Chrome's, but it's not really a rip-off, the proposed Firefox UI has a lot of details and elements that put it ahead of Chrome in terms of functionality and especially looks (although the latter isn't saying much, Chrome has never been much of a looker).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Looks like a mash up of Chrome and IE.

Thanks for the share. +Rep

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Honestly I cannot wait for it :). Also in the news its stated that version 9 or 10 interface will look like.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Earth said:
Looks like a mash up of Chrome and IE.

That's what I was thinking...

Come on guys, just do your own thing. Just because something is getting popular, you don't need to make your product look more like it... :rolleyes:

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
Sheesh... at least before their UI was only slightly blatantly a knockoff of Chrome/Opera.

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
It looks great, so what if it's kind of copying off Chrome? It still looks good. Plus performance is what matters and Firefox does best in that category, in my option. Like I said, I always preferred Firefox over Chrome for it's speed when rendering pages and large selection of add-ons to choose from.

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
Just pointing it out. I'm fine with them copying whoever they like. It's just a bit silly.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Future-Firefox-Mockups-Look-Gorgeous-Practical-9.jpg

Right now looks like a mixed copy of Chrome and Firefox.....However I'm sure that Mozilla will play with the design and manage to get it even more closer to a Chrome look ,under the pretext ..'Minimalistic' .....
This is why Chrome will have a bigger maker share than Firefox... From sometime now Mozilla didn't add anything original to their browser. (Note : Chrome User Talking)

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
It looks like a mix between Opera and Chrome. At least the UI in Firefox is very customizable.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Very nice indeed.

I made a video over viewing a Firefox theme that gives you a close mockup look to this. ;)

>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr6WmIp-6Ew

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
MrXidus said:
Very nice indeed.

I made a video over viewing a Firefox theme that gives you a close mockup look to this. ;)

>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr6WmIp-6Ew

thanks man :)
you always have ways for firefox to become beautiful :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Very nice video MrXidus, bad its not yet compatible in Linux OS for this theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.