Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Hello,

A couple of days ago I released a G-Data IS 2013 review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwpR32u7U4A

Anyway, a guy commented saying engine B was avast and engine A was bitdefender(my thinking was the exact opposite, Engine A is avast and Engine B is Bitdefender). So he made a response video that only people with the link could see:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=e0YkARrJ3iw

In my opinion, the response was hard to follow and had virtually no factual information to give and was made entirely of his opinions. I would like peace and know once and for all which engine belongs to which av. Any sources would be appreciated,because I have tried before and was unsuccessful and finding my answer on their site.

D

Deleted member 178

i remembered the first engine's update was quite long. so maybe he is right.

D

Deleted member 178

Engine A is not engine A(vast) and engine B not B(it Defender) :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
This is why people don't like Maths, because it's confusing. :p

D

Deleted member 178

I wish i have a calculating mind like the guy in the Tv show "Numb3rs" , so i may win a lot of money on stock markets :D

P

Plexx

I had problems updating Engine A when I first touched G-Data due to my connection. I had to restart it twice to work properly. Still unsure if it was ISP or G-Data itself.

Then again I used the AV version.

And yes, avast is Engine B:)

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Thanks everyone, that kind of surpirsed me. I guess it is kind of juvenile to assume engine A is Avast and B is Bitdefender because of their corresponding first letters. :p

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Didn't know about the words infront, really just took it off what I have read, onto which is which.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.