App Review G Data Internet Security 2012 Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSG001

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
G Data Internet Security 2012 Review
Uploaded to YouTube by ThePCSecurity

Kindly N.B.
The review of this software is not carried out by me.
Any questions or criticisms should be directed to the author of the video.
These videos are posted for the communities education and for entertainment value only :)

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well sometimes the two engines were differ on the response against zero day. But its good when on the two engines then one of them will catch.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I love how it has two engines. That would have to be a reason why I like G-Data. Will surely be giving this a go and see how it leads to the slow down that people have had.

If the engines that they are using go to the cloud, then the AV might be a bit faster.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Actually McLovin in reality Gdata is very light. I have tested it and it is comparable to Avast. No heavy loads on the system. Another Dual av Antivirus Trustport(AVG+Bitdefender) is also very good and light at resources.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
malbky said:
Actually McLovin in reality Gdata is very light. I have tested it and it is comparable to Avast. No heavy loads on the system. Another Dual av Antivirus Trustport(AVG+Bitdefender) is also very good and light at resources.

Hmm, okay. That's sounds promising. :) Always thought that having a two AV engine on will slow the PC down.

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
GDATA uses Avast+Bitdefender and not AVG. or am i wrong?

i bought and had Gdata for nearly 2 years, 2 engine AV give you a very high detection rate when scanning files or downloading but one thing i can say is that they havent implemented any behavioral monitor into it and no web-blocking feature. you can download anything you want but right before the file reaches 100% done you get the alert.

so, no behavioral scanning and no web-blocking but the detection rate is crazy high!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Not sure if they have a plans to implement a cloud since like Avast it does have their own cloud service feature. Also Bitdefender too.

But let's see caused likely two years partnership engine it went all great.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Woomera they do have web scanning. If you did not know GDATA also has a cloud of its own. Secondly they also have a site afety toolbar. WebScanning has been implemented in 2012 version.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
woomera said:
GDATA uses Avast+Bitdefender and not AVG. or am i wrong?

That is correct they do use Avast and Bitdefender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.