- mediocre firewall
- not so good at 0 day protection

Have a nice day!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Gdata for zero day is really good, not a perfect but due from 2 engines.

Some reviews and test have possibility gathered of 100% detection rates.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
I think that ESET and G-Data are very closely matched in terms of performance and security.
Imo they are so close matched that i could not say who i would prefer more.
The only factor that might make me lean towards ESET is the fact that their product overall might be a bit lighter and just a little notch better.
But thats just personal.

I3rYcE

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011
So , Which software better ? The answer is not simple . If you love low system resources use eset , but you want two engine choose other. G Data isn't icluded Hips and contrast Eset yes . Either of two will choose dont
sorry because they products offers excellent protection of level for to users . Last thought try to them .

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
spywar said:
jamescv7 said:
Gdata for zero day is really good, not a perfect but due from 2 engines.

Some reviews and test have possibility gathered of 100% detection rates.
Signatures are not 0 days components ...

It may contributed to protect against zero day viruses but due on analysis method time frame, updates can be not on time released.

Caused sometimes signatures are primarily rely as a detection/prevention.

F

ForgottenSeer 8371

Between the two, I would choose ESET.
Although I personally didn't try ESET, many of my friends says that it is very light in resources and great in detection.
For G-data, I can't mention anything on my opinion since it's not popular in where I live in.
It recently scores better than ESET in AV-Test's results.
But ESET scores better than G-Data in AV-comparatives.

Anyways, if I would suggest a better AV suite, I'd go with Norton Internet Security.
It scores much higher than the two on AV-Test, and is very light based on my experience.

Sources:
http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php
http://www.av-test.org/en/tests/home-user/windows-7/novdec-2012/

Nedim

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2013
ESET was great for me.Light,effective.Not so strong in removing malware (just my opinion) and it's very expensive,but I got tired of it after using it for a couple of years.I haven't used the new version 6.

On the other hand I have a great desire to use GDATA.Never used it.
But atm my I'm in love with BullGuard.So,GDATA will have to wait for a test drive on my PC :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.