App Review G Data IS 2013

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012

Comments and feedback are appreicated. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Loved G-Data, when I tested it. Ran smoothly and worked fine. Only thing I had a problem with was the update, but mind you that might be because it had to update two AV engines.

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
McLovin said:
Loved G-Data, when I tested it. Ran smoothly and worked fine. Only thing I had a problem with was the update, but mind you that might be because it had to update two AV engines.

Yeah, through the entire course of the test I heard nothing from engine B, which I believe is Bitdefender. Very strange in my opinion because Bitdefender does have pretty good signatures.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Re install G Data IS 2013 will take care of Bitdefender update problem! Everything should run smooth after re installing!

King Grub

Jun 7, 2011
If engine A has definitions for it, it will detect it first. At least that was how it worked when I tested it (version 2011 I believe). Only if engine A didn't catch it was it passed along to engine B (BitDefender).

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
King Grub said:
If engine A has definitions for it, it will detect it first. At least that was how it worked when I tested it (version 2011 I believe). Only if engine A didn't catch it was it passed along to engine B (BitDefender).

Thanks I did not even think of that. I thought it was more of a "which engine can get it first" kind of AV, but your reasoning makes more sense.

Moose said:
Re install G Data IS 2013 will take care of Bitdefender update problem! Everything should run smooth after re installing!

No offense Moose, but I don't believe re-installing G Data will solve this issue. Even if it was the issue, I am going about the test as an average user who is just browsing the internet and stumbles upon a malicious site. As an average user, I would have no way of knowing if engine B was malfunctioning or not, because when both engine A and B successively updated in the beginning of my test, it led me to believe both engines were operating properly at the start of testing.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.