Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Hello everyone,
Here is the complete changelog for the new G Data version 25.5.0.1:

New features:
• Autopilot customizations for improved behavior monitoring: the software asks less and takes decisions
• Newly developed, additional Web protection extensions for the Internet browser Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome: To better protect against infected and fraudulent web pages even when using HTTPS
• Performance improvements & bug fixes
• Higher reliability When pausing in scheduled scan jobs
• Scanning speed of the memory and autostart areas in many cases significantly accelerated
• Improved stability when connecting to specific Intel network devices

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Can you plz post a screen shot of the web extension in the chrome blocking web page?:LOL:

Reactions: JB007

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
The new web protection extension makes some issues ( reported by rokop security board User). Can u confirm this?

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
still latest version for me is 25.4.0.4. used vpn for germany usa uk and ... still not working.
None of these tricks work..
THink it is released only for beta testers
Wait for 1-2 weeks,, Un official versions
are buggy and not be used as a regular solution.We should get a update ina week or two.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Did anyone receive the update?
I think they have made it official and prepare to roll out the update

Setup of the browser extension for G DATA Web Protection
For even better protection against infected and fraudulent websites even when using HTTPS, your G DATA product from version 25.5.0.1 has newly developed, additional Web protection extensions for the Internet browsers Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
Step 1: After installing version 25.5.0.1 or newer, after a short time you will see a message about installing a G DATA Web Protection extension.
Click on Install and you will automatically be guided into the settings of your G DATA product.
Note: Alternatively, you can also open and change the settings in your G DATA product AntiVirus -> Web Protectionswitch.
Click on Extensions ...

G_DATA_Webschutz_Plugin_Popup_81937w1024h767.png

Step 2: The extension is available for the browsers Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox .
Click Install to add the extension to the browser.
G_DATA_Einstellungen_Webschutz_Extensions_81933w1024h768.png

Step 3: The selected browser opens and requests your confirmation to install the extension.
Click Add or Add Extension to grant permission to install the extension.
G_DATA_Firefox_Add-on_Installation_81931w635h476.png

G_DATA_Chrome_Erweiterung_Installation_81936w635h476.png

Done! The extension has been added to the browser and you will see the status extension installed also in the settings of your G DATA product.
G_DATA_Einstellungen_Webschutz_Extensions_Installiert_81934w1024h768.png

Your system is now optimally protected against infected and fraudulent websites, even if these pages are encrypted (HTTPS).
G_DATA_Unsichere_Webseite_gesperrt_81935w1024h768.png

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

I don't understand why there was a need for browser extension, when everyone is going forward and implementing more advanced scanning on traffic level, G Data takes a step backwards, G Data was already scanning port 80, 443 and you could add more ports to be monitored, idk what they are trying to accomplish, but I assume it's for Smart Phishing Defence to boost web protection. Anyway, this does seem like a big update for G Data and also a few improvements was made to Behaviour Blocker, I am more interested in what bugs were exactly fixed as they usually don't go into much details..

Last edited by a moderator:

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
I don't understand why there was a need for browser extension, when everyone is going forward and implementing more advanced scanning on traffic level, G Data takes a step backwards, G Data was already scanning port 80, 443 and you could add more ports to be monitored, idk what they are trying to accomplish, but I assume it's for Smart Phishing Defence to boost web protection. Anyway, this does seem like a big update for G Data and also a few improvements was made to Behaviour Blocker, I am more interested in what bugs were exactly fixed as they usually don't go into much details..
the reason for the extension is :-
G DATA(all variants) have a peculiar problem in their phishing module..they block all my hosts onetime and allow the same after sometime if i continue the tests for 30min continuosly..regarding that i have uploaded all the data to their product service team..initially they didnt give any attention..but my repeated followup for 40-50 times with the screenshots made them believe that bug do exists and they haven't replied to my last mail
i think the component has a bug with HTTPS..and that's the reason they have cum up with a separate web extension for all the browsers..Cool..My work paid off

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.