GA4E1 Security Configuration

GA4E1

Thread author
Verified
May 4, 2013
Additional Software used:

Rollback RX
Virtual Box (alternative to Windows XP Mode)
Secunia PSI
Winpatrol Free
Paragon Backup and Recovery free
Deffragler
CCleaner
7Zip

This is my configuration. Before changing to Outpost's 6 month's deal, I was using Microsoft Security Essentials.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
None I see any problems for your configuration, Agnitum full version is another great product especially their HIPS/Firewall feature.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Good Config. ;)

Any specific reason for choosing Outpost?If it is because you ot 6 months license there are also Giveaway running like Kaspersky and Eset.

Can you please share some experience with Outpost.
I have used version 7 which I didn't like most.

Thanks

GA4E1

Thread author
Verified
May 4, 2013
Yes I chose Outpost because of the 6 months license. Previously I was Microsoft Security Essentials an Windows Firewall.

Kaspersky I will try on version 2014 when is release after some time. ESET I did not like. The HIPS part is a bit confusing.

Outpost does show some pop ups but so far good. I never tried version 7.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Their pop ups are classified according to colot coding which implemented since version 6 maybe. (Outpost)

So understand that green = safe, yellow = cautious, and red = danger.

HIPS for ESET is still primature and tends more whitelisting, since interactive mode alone cannot guaranteed user friendly.

GA4E1

Thread author
Verified
May 4, 2013
jamescv7 said:
Their pop ups are classified according to colot coding which implemented since version 6 maybe. (Outpost)

So understand that green = safe, yellow = cautious, and red = danger.

HIPS for ESET is still primature and tends more whitelisting, since interactive mode alone cannot guaranteed user friendly.

Yes it is correct. They use color codes!

ESET hips interactive mode is too much alerts. on automatic seemed ok, nothing popped up at the time I used it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.