Game hack providers - How rare are infections?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stablish

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 23, 2016
Hello everyone,

first of I have to admit I like to hack in games, but the paranoia sometimes wins so that I use game hacks in a VM, if I can, but for bigger games, my rig can't handle this.
I know it is lame to hack in games, bla bla...

So, basically I would like to know: Would you trust a game hack provider (aimjunkies, wallhax, etc.) without any doubt?

I am not fully sure here. I was thinking about to use Rollback RX Home for such approach. Create snapshot, hack in games, rollback when done, or even the "hardcore" more: Create a Full image/backup, hack in games, when done revert back.

Or do a traffic analysis and check if somthing strange happens?

Hmm.. well..

Reactions: Der.Reisende

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I am not going to help you config your system to improve your ability to cheat, which you admit you do. Your on your own.
Good luck, maybe some here will feel pitty for you and help. I am an avid gamer and a longtime member
of ACI "Anti Cheat Inc."

ExoGen CyberSecurity

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2016
Game hack providers - How rare are infections?

It is very common because by default the AV will detect the tool as some type of "HackTool", "RiskWare" & "Injector" and so on. So if the file is already detected as some type of hack you can also drop a RAT or BotNet.

Lately, some people will add PUP's inside the tool so that, once you install or use the tool you will also install some type of PUP and since they get money as Pay-Per-Install they don't really care.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Obviously the hackers want something in return for their work on the hacks so most of them will bundle something with the hack tool, like PUPs or backdoors so that they can add your computer into their botnet or worse, steal your information while you happily apply the hack in game. This can not only cause you to lose in game money but also reveal your credit card information.

Play the game right, like how it was meant to be played. If you want to win so much go get better not hack.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
through donations? I'm pretty sure there are distribution networks that give these hacks for free
There are hacks that have a subscription model. You pay for the month and you can access their hack.

Hacking in online games is terrible though and ruins the experience of all users. Hope he gets banned.

Also hacking it's against the rules
  • We do not allow discussions involving Code for Hacking, Cracking, Bypassing, Exploiting or other forms of malware.

I am out...

stablish

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 23, 2016
through donations? I'm pretty sure there are distribution networks that give these hacks for free

afaik some providers for bots can be cracked, but for such games I have never seen any cracked version.

Basically you go to their forums, register, pay for the game you want, download client, login with your forum credentials and having access to the hack.

There are hacks that have a subscription model. You pay for the month and you can access their hack.

Hacking in online games is terrible though and ruins the experience of all users. Hope he gets banned.

Also hacking it's against the rules

I am out...

You noticed I asked how rare are the infections and not about hacking per se? Don't be mad, I also said I know it is lame.

Didn't want to start a flame war about how bad hacking in games is... its not hard to stay on the topic, isnt it?

NekoHr

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 5, 2016
You said you know it's lame and wrong and still do it. That in in my book worse than not knowing and doing it.

Other than ruining gameplay for others I don't even see how it helps me enjoy the game. Instead moving, dodging, tracking, aiming (basically playing the game) you press "A" and runaround killing everyone. Where is fun in doing that? I can press A in word editor with same amount fun. Next level is bot who plays autonomously, so you buy game for your bot so he can have fun. Good times ;)

Reactions: nclr11111
O

Omnipotent

If you're selling accounts that you cheat on then i wouldn't trust any cheat providers, it's a matter of time that they will become detected by an anti-cheat. Valve for example uses VAC as their anti-cheat. VAC works in waves, which is very smart. They can maximise their profit by planting a seed into the cheating community making them think how easy it is to bypass their anti-cheat, the cheater's then continue spending money on multiple accounts to cheat on and the cheat itself only to get banned within 3-6 months. The cheats you buy are usually ranging from $15-30, if you really think a multi-billionaire company cannot detect something this cheap, then you're in the wrong. How do you think antivirus companies can detect malware that is packed/encrypted? Because they have the time, money and resources. If you truly wanted to bypass an anti-cheat you would have to be very skilled at coding, using your own private methods. Just stop being a script kiddie, cheating will get you no where. If you get the satisfaction at pissing people off and feeling like a god in a video game then you really need some help. Whenever you buy a cheat or download a free one you risk either being infected by malware or receiving a game ban. If you cannot accept the risks then you shouldn't be cheating in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.