• Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
Computer specs
Intel i3-7100
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4 Gb Graphics
8Gb RAM (2666Mhz)
SSD 128 Gb (OS disk)
HDD 500 Gb (storage disk)
Notable changes
Uninstalled Hard Configurator and WiseVector StopX.
Increased Defender setting to HIGH by configure defender.
Installed Voodooshield Free on Auto pilot.
Quad9 DNS set up

Gangelo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2017
This is the same config I use on all my systems (work, play & family use).
I don't want to lock down my systems with excessive hardening, trying to balance usability with security.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
If users suggest changes, please explain why, dont simply say change a to b and thats it. Respective posts have been removed.

On a side note: OP said:
I don't want to lock down my systems with excessive hardening, trying to balance usability with security.

As such, advising UAC to max is irrelevant based on above note from OP.

Gangelo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2017
Updated and reverted mostly to Win10 built-in protection (using H_C) + WiseVector StopX. So far so good, running smooth.
Trying to go as lightweight as possible with this change, without sacrificing protection.

Last edited:

Gangelo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2017
Still running smooth. After successful testing for the last 2 and a half weeks I applied this setup to all my systems.
To be on the safe side I created exceptions between Wisevector StopX & Defender.

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
Still running smooth. After successful testing for the last 2 and a half weeks I applied this setup to all my systems.
To be on the safe side I created exceptions between Wisevector StopX & Defender.
this combo looks solid and light, could you share config that are you using in WiseVector Stop X? :)

Gangelo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2017
So, 2nd quarantine (COVID) started in Greece until the end of November and now I have plenty of time to play with my setup.

Being curious about Voodooshield I decided to test a new setup on my home office desktop. In order to avoid any unpleasant incompatibilities or bugs, I uninstalled Hard Configurator reverting my system to default settings. Then I raised Defender setting to HIGH using Configure Defender only and I installed Voodooshield on Autopilot. I will continue testing the free version and if I like it I might buy the Pro licence. I also uninstalled WiseVector StopX. I had no issues with the software, but somehow I do not feel ok running 2 antimalware real-time solutions together. Perhaps I will revisit it in the future.

Anyway, Defender on HIGH and Voodooshield on Autopilot work trouble-free so far.
Will keep everyone posted.

Gangelo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2017
this combo looks solid and light, could you share config that are you using in WiseVector Stop X? :)
I'm so sorry for the delayed reply, I just saw your message. I was using the default settings in WiseVector with realtime monitoring on, only creating exceptions between defender & wisevector.
I had zero issues with this and no noticeable slowdowns.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.