Gdata Internet Security 2016

rosendalek

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 16, 2016
GDATA has been around for a very long time and historically is one of the best Security Solutions on the Market. Previous versions have been very very heavy, in this latest version, GDATA focused on reducing resource usage and improving PUP detection.

On average it uses about 60-85mb of ram, peaking to 110mb of ram when busy, this is very light for a product with the Bitdefender engine and an in house signature and behaviour engine, and in my opinion edges out both Bullguard and Emsisoft in performance, although emsisoft has slightly better detection.

I threw it against 3463 samples and it found 3445 which is a 99.48% detection, only Kaspersky internet security 2017 did better at 99.85%.

I would buy GDATA as it seems to beat even bitdefender in every area ( weird right? ).

gdata scan.png VirtualBox_Windows 7 Clone_11_11_2016_00_41_34.png

Last edited by a moderator:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
@rosendalek very good review.
I tried the same version a couple weeks ago.
And you are right Gdata has improved a lot in the performance area.
It is much lighter than previous versions.

The only difference i can find in this review is that in my system Emsisoft is still lighter than Gdata.
Thanks for the review.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Gdata is already known to have solid product by incorporating a license engine from competitors one.

Their BB is also improve through numerous versions which why a good investment to have in a system.

Downside? Expanding market shares on major areas so that people have time to compare the products from common ones like ESET, Kaspersky, Norton and Bitdefender.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Hi

Just asking. How's their firewall? Has HIPS? How's its definition updates...hourly, twice daily or daily? EIS 12 gives hourly updates.

G DATA has any Internet Security 2017?

Thanks

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Hi

Just asking. How's their firewall? Has HIPS? How's its definition updates...hourly, twice daily or daily? EIS 12 gives hourly updates.

G DATA has any Internet Security 2017?

Thanks

It updates hourly and the latest stable is 25.3.0.1.
It will update automatically to this via the gui.
This version has a new antiransomware module!!
zpquu9tx.png

Thanks to the op for the review!!

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
@HarborFront

Gdata has their Behavior Protection instead rather of HIPS but very effective based on Youtube review test.

In terms of firewall then, likely same concept like majority of security programs.
Ok, thanks.

BTW, do you know whether it comes with built-in PUP/PUA/PUS protection?

Reactions: DardiM

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@HarborFront: For sure Gdata is already incorporated with that protection, all AV's are already aware on the incidents of PUP/PUA/PUS.

Actually Gdata release their standalone cleaning tool called CleanUP for scanning unwanted programs.

Reactions: DardiM and Venustus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.