App Review GData Internet Security 2018 Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
you dummy! G DATA consists of all the protection modules a suite should consist of few extras as well
Emsisoft apart from dual engine (Inhouse developed) does nothing other than deletion and no rollback !
lacks spam, email protection,Dis infection, Sophiscated firewall, Bank protection(Patented), Key logger(Pro active module) and i doubt exploit interception as well..most of the G DATA components are signature independent
When you review a AV you should compare the same modules in both without any transparency
EAM= G data AV .
Remember even LEO did the same and faced -ve response from his fellows which made a . to his Emsisoft reviews
:oops:G DATA , EMSISOFT:emoji_ok_hand:..both are good

Review is totally rubbish

Reactions: RoboMan

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
@Mahesh Sudula
I had to read your post five times, but now I think I get it.

I don't quite agree. Just because an antivirus has one more module doesn't mean it's better/worse.
What good is it if the keylogger doesn't pick up anything (because of a keylogger protection) but still runs in the background and can do other things that are worse? I don't want the keylogger to run right away and that depends on how the modules cooperate with each other and not on the number of modules ;)

Reactions: upnorth

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
GData is a good security solution but it is super heavy even on a high-end device. One cannot sacrifice performance for security. A balance between the two is essential.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
No what i meant is he compared an AV version with a full fledged suite..that itself is sense less
** I have seen all his G DATA reviews till date he says 1 thing always IT SLOWS SYSTEM LIKE DINOSAROUS?"**
The program is so lighter now..sharing truths is first responsibility of any reviewer and should
mention clearly the pros and cons..that video has nothing except G DATA Clean sheet at the end..)
Affiliation is good only when it is in the boundaries

Reactions: motox781

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
No what i meant is he compared an AV version with a full fledged suite..that itself is sense less
** I have seen all his G DATA reviews till date he says 1 thing always IT SLOWS SYSTEM LIKE DINOSAROUS?"**
The program is so lighter now..sharing truths is first responsibility of any reviewer and should
mention clearly the pros and cons..that video has nothing except G DATA Clean sheet at the end..)
Affiliation is good only when it is in the boundaries
Regarding key logger protection..i have tested it nearly 1000 times..never the information captured
Curious i read their whitepaper of it..That made me understand how the component actually works
It doesn't detect/delete keylogger(no signatures) it just prevents the key strokes from getting captured(Pro active way)..
the same module hasn't been updated since years..):giggle:

Attachments

• 2014_GDATA_Keylogger_Protection_Whitepaper_EN.pdf
    286.1 KB · Views: 395
Reactions: motox781

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
you dummy! G DATA consists of all the protection modules a suite should consist of few extras as well
Emsisoft apart from dual engine (Inhouse developed) does nothing other than deletion and no rollback !
lacks spam, email protection,Dis infection, Sophiscated firewall, Bank protection(Patented), Key logger(Pro active module) and i doubt exploit interception as well..most of the G DATA components are signature independent
When you review a AV you should compare the same modules in both without any transparency
EAM= G data AV .
Remember even LEO did the same and faced -ve response from his fellows which made a . to his Emsisoft reviews
:oops:G DATA , EMSISOFT:emoji_ok_hand:..both are good

Review is totally rubbish
Pretty much every AV review is garbage, no surprise. Anyways, I'm trying my best to stay away from trash-talking about their videos, following @illumination 's advice.

GData is great, top-tier suite. :)

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
I'm currently trying (paid version) of GDATA 2018 Total Security and notice no slowdowns with Firewall set to Max security.

Everything seems great except their password manager. I'll have to spend more time figuring that out.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
I'm currently trying (paid version) of GDATA 2018 Total Security and notice no slowdowns with Firewall set to Max security.

Everything seems great except their password manager. I'll have to spend more time figuring that out.
have you received the latest update(25.5.0.1)?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.