App Review GData Internet Security Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Ana_Filiz

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 23, 2016
Excellent as always video but GData did not so good job in my opinion. Weak results, i expected better from them as they have 2 AV engines if i remember well. Many services in background and a feeling of unsecurity after seeing the video.

I will not try it at all.
:)

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Excellent as always video but GData did not so good job in my opinion. Weak results, i expected better from them as they have 2 AV engines if i remember well. Many services in background and a feeling of unsecurity after seeing the video.

I will not try it at all.
:)
Thanks :) I think GData did alright, but like you said it could have done slightly better with the 2 engines.

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
Hello Use Process Explorer,process hacker or killswitch it is more comprehensive than the administrator of the process.Good Luck in the tested malware.)

process-explorer-virustotal.png

Last edited:
Reactions: MalwareBlockerYT
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
I think gdata did verry well but can you test Avira also?
Indeed it did, Avira is on my list but for the next 4 months there will be less videos because I have to revise for 1 months worth of exams that are extremely important in this country :) Thanks for watching :)
Hello Use Process Explorer,process hacker or killswitch it is more comprehensive than the administrator of the process.Good Luck in the tested malware.)

process-explorer-virustotal.png
I used to use Process Explorer & will start to again in videos - I only stopped because I got criticized for not testing on a "clean VM" with just Windows 10 Default Applications installed. Thanks for watching :)

Reactions: Davidov

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Thanks for the nice video :)
Are two engines better than one?
Well, not always...good static detection but not very impressive the dynamic one, of course which is related to PUP/malware you've chosen in the test.

Reactions: MalwareBlockerYT
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Thanks for the nice video :)
Are two engines better than one?
Well, not always...good static detection but not very impressive the dynamic one, of course which is related to PUP/malware you've chosen in the test.
No problem, thanks for watching :) 2 engines are better than one, but like you said the BB isn't the best vs PUPs/Adware - should be fine against Ransomware though.

Reactions: Winter Soldier

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.