Battle GData vs Emsisoft vs Bitdefender

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
With the 3 antivirus suites which would provide the better protection? From what I see they all have behaviour blockers, top notch signatures and low false positives. Currently using Emsisoft antimalware paid version but the constant windows action centre bug gets annoying after awhile. Never seen or heard good about bitdefender but gdata uses bitdefender and avast:p

D

Deleted member 178

Gdata is a ressources eater so i stay away from it. i never tried EAM suite so i cant give any opinion, for bitdefender it was my main suite long time ago before i switched to Comodo FW + Avira, then CIS.

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
Gdata is a ressources eater so i stay away from it. i never tried EAM suite so i cant give any opinion, for bitdefender it was my main suite long time ago before i switched to Comodo FW + Avira, then CIS.

Judging on Virus bulletin Comodo has detection ration was from 70-80%. I trialed gdata but it seemed a little on the just set and forget side with no real options to tweak

D

Deleted member 178

Virus tests are just informative for me, each one having their own different methodology, so one AV can be perfect on a particular test and bad in another one; i rather judge them by my own experience and trials with them.

Never select an AV by those tests. Try them yourself before then make your choice ;)

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
Virus tests are just informative for me, each one having their own different methodology, so one AV can be perfect on a particular test and bad in another one; i rather judge them by my own experience and trials with them.

Never select an AV by those tests. Try them yourself before then make your choice ;)

How does comodo stack up against the paid software?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
G-data IS 2011 was a resource hog, but I have played in my VM with the newly 2012 released version and it had only a small performance impact.
As you said G-data has 2 av engines (Avast+Bitdefender) so it will give you a very high detection rate, their webguard and behavior blocker are also good.
In the recent AV-Comparatives "Whole Product Dynamic Tests", G-data manage to get a very good results.This suite manage to block 99,8% of all the malware that AVC throw at it.
The main downside of this suite is that it's built for detection , so you'll need to add some prevention software , like Sandboxie and WOT, in order to properly secure your system.
Price $34.95
Uploaded by languy99 on Jul 4, 2011

Bitdefender will also soon release their 2012 , I have used their 2011 Internet Security Suite and got impressed with all the settings that they have.
In the recent AV-Comparatives "Whole Product Dynamic Tests aslo managed to get a good result : 99,5%.
The main problem is that their Firewall will give you some pretty annoying pop-ups and you might notice a small system impact.
Bitdefender comes also with a their own site advisor but it takes a while to load the safety marks for the displayed results in the search query.
Another thing that you should take into account is the price : 49.95$ ,which is not huge but you can find more complete suites at this price.

Price : $49,95
Uploaded by MrXidus on Apr 9, 2011

Emsisoft Anti-Malware a suite who scored very high in all the tests , it's currently the one of the best products in MRG Flash Tests and it has integrated into it the Mamutu behavior blocker.
The main downside could be the lack of a firewall but you can use Windows 7 own firewall or get Online Armor Free which will give you a very high degree of protection.
I'm currently using this suite and I don't feel any kind of major impact on my system.Their antimalware engine is very good and they are working on version 6 as we speak.

Price : $59 (Soon -50% at malwaretips.com for this suite :D)

Uploaded by MrXidus on Apr 22, 2011

All this suites are mainly based on detection so WOT/Sandboxie will be need it to complete a security configuration.They lack some modern features like : Reputation system and Auto/Manual Sandboxing.
Because all three are paid suites I would strongly recommend that you use the 30days trail system before buying any suite.
Between this three suites I would chose Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
Also I would suggest that, you start a thread in our Security Configuration Wizard in order to properly secure your system.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

darkelixa said:
How does comodo stack up against the paid software?

Personnaly since i used Comodo FW then CIS, i stopped using any paid solution except sometimes for trials (Bitdefender was my favorite paid one then Norton IS 2010), with CIS properly set, i never got any infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.