Thread author
Jul 28, 2011
Which is the better, in terms of:
-Overall Features?
-Detection?
-Removal?
-BB Hips ?
-Online Banking?
-Etc (anything else you may want to add)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Those AV's have both multi engine added thus performance varied.

Gdata have two engines which until primarily have great detection rate and few slight of compromised bypass. (AV-Comparatives managed to got 100% on March 2013)

Trustport have 2 to 3 engines depends on the version which really good and primarily can be perfect from certain test.

The bottom line here is choose which can capable for the performance.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
I would love to know the answer to above question?
And could someone supply the link for the different
combinations showing the engines of Trustport?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I'm only going with GData due to the 2 engines it has. Might not be the lightest but it surely has a good detection rate.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
I have used both on my windows 7 32 bit system and currently using G-Data 2014 Total Protection.

According to my Experience :

-Overall Features : Both the suites have almost all standard features but in G-Data there is Banking Guard which is save user from attack while online banking and shopping similar feature which is available in avast,bitdefender,f-secure and kaspersky product.
The main Cons of this feature is that user cannot see any information and notification while doing online banking which leave him confused how the feature work or its not working.
There is debate on how this feature work at wilders which you can find here:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=345194

-Detection Almost the same with G-data have some upper hand as its more aggressive than Trustport

Removal Haven't experienced any infection while this Giants are on machine and haven't tested on VM but what I read from various blogs and sites G-Data win in this race.
G-Data have feature which is known as G-DATA Bootmedium which start scan before your computer starts thus removing some nasty malware which only can be removed when all applications are not running.

BB Hips Both are Silent security Suite and they wre not too talkative. An old style method suites.

Online Banking Already mentioned above. I didn't find any special banking feature in Trustport (correct me if i am wrong)

Etc Standard versions which I downloaded from their official sites use these AV Engines respectively.
G-Data= Bitdefender+ Own Engine
Trust Port=Bitdefender+Avg

G-Data have option which allows you to use only 1 engine While running on demand as well real time protection but they only have option of choosing Engine 1 while I don't find this feature in Trustport.

Trustport have better interface and good looking than G-data and can easily be customize by user as its like.Tweaking the features is also easy in Trustport while you cannot find anything understandable and easy things in G-Data.
Even Blocking Application from G-data Firewall is like winning a battle,and it does not show many things to satisfy its user that it is protection his system.

On lightness G-Data 2014 have improved a lot and I am running it on low spec machine without any problem.
On talking about Trustport lightness I know most of the user will not agree with me but it was one of the lightest suite I used on my PC in last year.

Overall both have their Pros and Cons and it depends on user how and which product satisfy his needs.

Thanks

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
GA4E1 said:
Thank you for sharing your experience Spirit. I only used G-Data before but when it had avast! engine.

Right it was heavier at that time and with days every software vendor try to customize their software such that it become user friendly and light and G-data is also successfully marched on this path with their 2014 version.

The Original engine which is bitdefender is now improved a lot so the other software which are using its engine.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
GA4E1 said:
I will need to try out G-Data then. It is still in beta correct?
Gdata 2014 is already released as final, since some server websites before are displayed before as 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.