Geek Uninstaller 1.3.4.5.2

Product name
Geek Uninstaller 1.3.4.5.2
Pros
  • -freeware
    -multilanguage
    -portable version
    -executable file (start with administrator rights) about 2.5 MB.
    -no problem in my testing and during normal use, very stable.
    -very effective and functional.
    -It detects programs x86 and x64bit
CONS
-It can't automatically resume Its job after the reboot of the operating system (but this is not actually bad).
-It doesn't create, as a precaution, a restore point.
-It doesn't delete the traces left on your system by applications that have already been uninstalled. The uninstalled programs, in fact, are not included in the list that is presented when you start Geek Uninstaller and there is no way to clean that relates to software previously installed on PC.
-It is necessary to manually check your deleted files from applications that have the same folder path name (for example Ashampoo Burning Studio and Ashampoo Win Optimizer).
BOTTOM LINE
Geek Uninstaller is a functional software to uninstall any program on Windows system that removes files and unnecessary registry entries that remain after uninstalling applications.
I slogged to find negative points.
L

LabZero

Thread author
After starting, the program will show a window, which lists all the software present on your system:

Cattura.PNG

Geek Uninstaller first starts the standard uninstall procedure of the program then performs a scan for unnecessary items that may still be present on your system (Ccleaner in this case):

Cattura1.PNG

If the program removing requires, to the end, the reboot of PC, you must answer NO, so GeekUninstaller scans unnecessary elements.
After it has finished its scan operations and removing files and registry entries that are no longer necessary, you can manually restart the operating system.
The command Force removal, also contained in the Action menu allows you to delete a Control Panel uninstall entry, for example, to a program that no longer exists. It may happen that despite having deleted a software, this will continue to be listed in the window for uninstalling applications contained in the Windows Control Panel. Force removal feature not only allows you to remove uninstall entries that are no longer needed but also to check for any unnecessary elements.

Thanks everyone for reading :)

Last edited by a moderator:

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Very good review, thanks. In my opinion one of the best uninstallers. I use it all the time. It's free, light, portable, add free and easy to use, so what more do you want :)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I had it and liked it.:) Now, I believe it's time to get it again!:D

A very nice review, @Klipsh. Thank you specifically for pointing out the importance of answering "No" to restarting before allowing for the program to scan for unnecessary elements!:D It's good to know.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Is it better than Revo?
Revo Free or Paid?

The advantage of Geek Uninstaller is it's portability and simplicity.

It doesn't require installation to the Program Files and it can uninstall 64-bit and 32-bit software, whereas Revo Free can only uninstall software from the Program Files (x86) on Windows 64-bit.

Might I mention, Geek Uninstaller comes with ZERO bloatware or bundleware. Download > Extract > Run.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I like Geek Uninstaller, its very quick and easy to use... portable too. :cool:

But, I just installed Soft Organizer and this you can re-boot and finish the uninstall process, and it has those extras I like to use, like tracing w/ software updates at file hippo.

I liked using Revo a lot, also a favorite.

Didn't like Uninstall tool, or Iobit. For my own reasons, Iobit needs a good uninstaller to uninstall their products. :p

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Thanks for the review. Never used the program before. Downloaded it just now and it's really impressive, especially considering it's portability and size. A really useful tool which I will keep in my virtual toolbox.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.