Sandboxie v4

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hey Geni,
Any reason why aren't you using any on-demand scanner? Because I'm sure you've heard of MBAM and other similar on-demand scanners.....
Apart from the on-demand scanners , I would also add LastPass, it's much more easy to use than Identity Safe and it will allow you to have your password on multiple pc's.
Did you change any of the settings in NIS 2012?
PS. Welcome!:welcomewave:

Geni

Thread author
Jan 26, 2012
Ok, I added LastPass, also I will add Paragon Backup & Recovery !

P.S. Thanks :)

Geni

Thread author
Jan 26, 2012
Same PC - new OS - new configuration.

Number of 3rd party security software is reduced to minimum.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You could Enable 'Block 3rd party cookies' in Chrome, and add a whitelist to cookies you want to keep using CCleaner. Then clean out the remainder of the cookies that you don't need.

Windows 8 + Chrome = Simple. :D

Geni

Thread author
Jan 26, 2012
Switch Chrome to Firefox - reason is unique ID (privacy isn't crime :)).
I don't do much testing because I don't have time, but since I have only free Sandboxie, I've decided to enhance my security.

My priority is performance and fast response on USB.
By performance I don't mean low ram usage but responsiveness,
ability to disable AV to interfere with data steams so it doesn't extend extracting/compressing and copy time by scanning unnecessary trusted archives, files and folders.
For that reason I'm often forced to uninstall AV, witch makes me quite vulnerable.

Since I know there are experts on MT that usually test security solutions and from experience
know how certain products behave and performance impact they leave on PC,
I'd ask you to help me decide my perfect solution.

Thank you.

Edit:
Also considering backup tool with good balance between speed and compression. Acronis, Paragon or something else?

D

Deleted member 178

HI,

First, EMET is not needed on Win8 since it does already what EMET does.

Geni said:
My priority is performance and fast response on USB.
By performance I don't mean low ram usage but responsiveness,

ESET or Webroot SA or Win8 security

ability to disable AV to interfere with data steams so it doesn't extend extracting/compressing and copy time by scanning unnecessary trusted archives, files and folders.

almost all AVs could be deactivated

Since I know there are experts on MT that usually test security solutions and from experience
know how certain products behave and performance impact they leave on PC,
I'd ask you to help me decide my perfect solution.

Honestly after the points you mentioned, i suggest you to keep Win8 built-in security. It is silent, will protect you well enough and you can disable Win defender/firewall easily.

if you dont like it Webroot will be the second choice.

Edit:
Also considering backup tool with good balance between speed and compression. Acronis, Paragon or something else?

i tested them all , Acronis is my favorite even if paid.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.