Troubleshoot Getting one Crash popup frequently.

Anupam

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Every hour getting one pop-up with crash report
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
None.
Hi All,

I am getting the below crash report every hour almost.

upload_2014-10-9_23-36-42.png

i think it's mostly of Emsisoft antimalware. Any idea how to stop it?

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
hello

i would try to do a clean reinstall

run this after uninstalling or if it will not uninstall there is the Emsisoft Antimalware Cleanup tool
http://tmp.emsisoft.com/fw/emsiclean.exe

then reinstall and make sure you disable your security software so there is no trouble with the install

and you might have to re-enter your license info again after running the cleanup tool so have that handy

:)

James

Reactions: Anupam and MalwareT
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 21043

Hey there Anupam,

Yes, I also believe this is being caused by Emsisoft Anti-Malware. Because they're first product was called a2/a sqaured as in, and they use that as engine name etc, or they used too at least. That's why you see a (A) and not a (E) on they're detections - if you did not already know, but I'm sure you did :D :p

You mentioned that this/these issues are occurring from today and onwards. Have you installed anything which may be conflicting with the application generating this error/crash message?

Not only this, but the screenshot mentions in the message box/error information: "bug report file is located here:" and then a file path. Could you check the file path and the log/s? That may be linked to finding the source of the problem to these errors/crashes, and possibly also a solution on fixing it/them. :)

You could try doing what @jim lin mentioned above, which is attempting to use the Emsisoft Antimalware Cleanup tool. I think you would know how to use it, I'm not quite sure - if you run into any problems whilst attempting to use it, or would like me to help you use it, feel free to PM me and ask and I would be happy to help you there. Although, I'm sure it's just a straight forward auto-thing. I can't be certain, though. I've only used it once and cannot remember it exactly.

I hope you get this all fixed soon Anupam. You could also try contacting Emsisoft over at they're forums or email from they're contact tab on the website. While I know, you could attempt assistance from the kind and knowledgable members here, I would say it's probably best to ask Emsisoft, themselves, who will know more about their own product.
Cheers. ;)

I asked you on Shout box to PM me the other day but you went off too quick and never saw my message :D I have forgiven you!

Reactions: Anupam and jim lin
Upvote 0

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
it looks like there was a update for Emsisoft Anti-Malware Kram7750 could be on to something here

Petrovic post says Beta for Emsisoft Anti-Malware 9.0.0.4546 from yesterday

Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 9.0.0.4546 – with BETA updates
http://malwaretips.com/threads/emsi...ecurity-9-0-0-4546-–-with-beta-updates.34797/

but MajorGeeks posted Emsisoft Anti-Malware 9.0.0.4546 as not Beta from today

Emsisoft Anti-Malware 9.0.0.4546
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/emsisoft_anti_malware.html

it could be a bad update

:)

James

Reactions: Anupam
Upvote 0

Anupam

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Thank you guys for the reply.

I am not getting any more crash report pop-ups from today. Let see if I am still getting then I will uninstall Emsisoft and will do a clean install.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 21043

@Anupam Can you please send me a PM with a attachment to the file in the location you get given on the error/crash message? It may have clues to what is causing this exact issue, and possibly how to fix it depending on what the issue is once discovered.

Cheers! :)

Upvote 0

Anupam

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
@Anupam Can you please send me a PM with a attachment to the file in the location you get given on the error/crash message? It may have clues to what is causing this exact issue, and possibly how to fix it depending on what the issue is once discovered.

Cheers! :)

I opened that folder. It has text file with very little info.

below is the content of the file.

Code:
Version       : 7.0.6.0
Date          : Thu, 9 Oct 2014 23:33:59 +0530
OS            : Microsoft Windows 7 (64 bit)
RAD           : BDS 7.0
Dump          : $8B $40 $08 $89 $45 $F8 $33 $C0 $5A $59 $59 $64 $89 $10 $68 $E3 $F3 $54 $00 $8B $45 $FC $E8 $F1 $DC $FF $FF $C3 $E9 $D3 $71 $EB
Section       : ExceptionHandlerHook
Descr         :

Address       : $0054F3C0 - [00400000] a2start.exe -  -  -  - 0[0]
Module        : a2start.exe
Exception     : EAccessViolation
Message       : Access violation at address 0054F3C0 in module 'a2start.exe'. Read of address 00000008
Call Stack    : 00 $0054F3C0 - [00400000] a2start.exe
                01 $0054F3C0 - [00400000] a2start.exe

LastAddr      :
LastModule    :
LastException :
LastMessage   :
Call Stack    :

ActiveObj     : (Non-Delphi exception) External exception C0000005 00000008 00000000
ActiveAddr    : $00000000 - [00000000] a2start.exe -  -  -  - 0[0]

Bug report file is located here:
C:\Users\Anupam\AppData\Roaming\EurekaLab s.a.s\EurekaLog\Bug Reports\a2start.exe\a2start.log

Learn more about internal errors (for developers):
http://www.eurekalog.com/help/eurekalog/internal_errors.php

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.