Ghostpress for Windows

HSDev

From schiffer.tech
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Oct 31, 2019
Ghostpress is an anti-keylogging software that prevents malicious software from capturing your keyboard presses.

gp1.png

Requires Windows 7 or newer
You can download it here: Ghostpress - Anti-keylogger

We hope for feedback on possible errors so that we can further improve the product.

Last edited:

HSDev

From schiffer.tech
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Oct 31, 2019
Version 2.1

+ÜÖÄÜüöäß? protection for German layouts (except for Switzerland)
+RAM erasure for critical content
+RAM encryption for key press injections
+Protection off timer via notify icon menu
+Notify if autostart creation failed
+New hidden feature to show Ghostpress in taskbar
+Target window screenshot protection 60hz support
#Improved hiding of own window handles
#Privileged restart crash fix
#Minor automation improvements
#Widget can enable/ disable protection bug fix
#Warning if no data folder is present (running from zip without unpacking all files via Windows .zip explorer)
#New UI icons
#Minor UI improvements

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
F-Secure kills the .exe file. I'll submit the file.

The signature is legit and valid. That's important.

I also tested it at Any.run and it didn't seem malicious at all. Zero connections and just a simple schedule entry so it's probably a FP ( false positive ). I'll update as soon I got the answer back from F-Secure.

Thanks @CyberTech :emoji_beer:

Last edited:

HSDev

From schiffer.tech
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Oct 31, 2019
@DeepWeb This multiple instance detection is a part of its own protection, but we will add multi user support in v2.2.

@CyberTech At the moment not all AV vendors directly whitelist us, e.g. as far es we know e.g. Kaspersky is doing this. We always aim for fixing the most important false detections, but happily our users report false positives as well. You can verify our binary files by checking the code certificate.
Windows Security is already fixed.

@upnorth Thanks for reporting this.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
F-Secure.
Thank you for your submission. Our analysis has found that the file you submitted is clean. We have identified the issue as a False Positive, which will be resolved automatically via F-Secure's Security Cloud.
Both F-Secure and Avira has now whitelisted the software as it's a crystal clear FP, and I can also confirm Microsoft did the same. (y)

@HSDev , keep try contact those other companies/vendors if you haven't already.

eonline

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Hi, when I'm in the process of configuring the application, I can't type the accent. I am using the Mexican Spanish keyboard, but when I press the accent key and then the letter simply does not appear with a accent.

Last edited:

rogue

Dec 26, 2019
Hi Ghostpress development team...

I have a problem with 2.0 and above releases of Ghostpress. When I tried running the program on the PCs at my local Internet Cafe (which implemented some Windows OS access restrictions to the PCs). The active window of the browser screen totally blanked out, can't see the cursor, screen or anything, it's like the whole PC just lost power. I noticed that it's affected the active windows because I minimized the screens of the browsers and only that part of the screen blanked or blacked out.

May I humbly request that you post an copy of Ghostpress version 1.4 to your website or to majorgeeks.com for those who can't run the 2.0 releases of Ghostpress? I can make do with the basic anti-keylogging functions that is version 1.4 provides.

Many thanks & Merry Christmas!

Reactions: [correlate]

HSDev

From schiffer.tech
Thread author
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Oct 31, 2019
Version 2.2
+Winlogon support
+Added warning for invalid language data folder
+Settings file manipulation warning (importing settings from v2.1 or earlier will trigger a false detection once)
+New hidden feature to force basic support only
#SearchUI (pressing Windows button) is no longer detected for whitelisting
#Improved bug handling
#Possible restart bug on ultra high-end devices fixed
#Whitelist switch delay reduced
#Notify icon elevate duplicate fix
#Removed Windows Vista from manifest
#Updated global exception handler
#Fixed handling with disabled Aero
#German translation improved
#Fixed reenabling issue
#Minor UI improvements
#Whitelist no longer enforces lower case characters
#Fixed crash clicking in the whitelist tab
#Fixed rare key press crash

@rogue We no longer offer or support the legacy version 1.4. But we recommend trying the latest version we just released.

rogue

Dec 26, 2019
hi @HSDev ,

I would like to inform you that the current and latest version Ghostpress 2.2, cannot be run at the Internet Centre's PCs in my area.

The error message is: "Ghostpress requires Windows Aero to be enabled in order to function! Simply select an Aero design!"

It seems that there are restrictions on Windows Aero function on the PCs here.

Thanks!

bunchuu

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
I would like to try ghostpress but my main AV (ESET IS) detect it as a threat. Can you help me with this issue?

Shiz

Level 1
Verified
Nov 16, 2018
I tried using ghostpress but made typing impossible on the telegram app. I had to close the app to type correctly again.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.