Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Gizmodo said:
Huge smartphones are, against all sanity, in—and they're only getting bigger. And jeans are getting smaller. Can humans and the big phones of today coexist?

xlarge.jpg

The HTC Titan II is 5.18 inches tall, 2.78 inches wide, and sports a 4.7-inch screen. Our model, Tess: 5 feet, 8 inches tall, 25 inches wide, 107 pounds. It was difficult for her to sit down.

xlarge.jpg

The Nokia Lumia 900: 5.03 × 2.7 × 0.45 inches. Stunning in cyan.

xlarge.jpg

xlarge.jpg

The HTC One X, at 5.3 inches tall and 2.75 wide, proved to be a difficult fit.

xlarge.jpg

Read more: http://gizmodo.com/5918418/giant-smartphones-in-skinny-jeans-a-photoshoot

D

Deleted member 178

YES ! Female owners of those phones have a huge advantage over us , male, they have what i called "a secret pocket " that allow them to store a big phone and make them smile when it rings :p

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
The truth is that today's phones have become more than just simple phones, they are basically little computers...so I understand why for developers is very hard to find a balance between size and practicality.
Right now , the size in somehow acceptable however I think that phones like Nokia Lumia 900 and HTC One X are as big as a smart phone should get.......

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Where's the small form-factor gone, wasn't that the original idea of a phone. :(

P

Plexx

I couldn't help to notice her arm's tattoos. Looks interesting.

Anyway, back to topic: I highly doubt high end smart phones will get any smaller. Considering the hardware itself for better performance its release of new products, size will be ignored.

However, that is not to say there won't be small phones. There will still be available but those would be the low to mid range smart phones

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Hmm I see that a lot. Guess it's not a big deal, just funny though when they complain later that they have lost their phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.